ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need clarity on claiming points for English Language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Need clarity on claiming points for English Language

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:32 am

Hi, I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa by next month. I have read all the documents properly and am eligible to apply for it. As per PBS I score 85 points for attributes, 10 for funds and 10 for English Language. I completed my B.Tech from Punjab Technical University in 2003 and I can see my university name on PBS website as well.

But the thing which I am not sure of is, How do I claim points for English Language as per the condition "The degree should be taught in English Language as per NARC". Am I supposed to get some letter from my university stating that degree was taught in English. If someone can share the format of this letter it will be great. Or will the IELTS test be good enough to claim points for this?
Please advice.

push

Re: Need clarity on claiming points for English Language

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:16 am

GouravSharma1981 wrote:Hi, I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa by next month. I have read all the documents properly and am eligible to apply for it. As per PBS I score 85 points for attributes, 10 for funds and 10 for English Language. I completed my B.Tech from Punjab Technical University in 2003 and I can see my university name on PBS website as well.

But the thing which I am not sure of is, How do I claim points for English Language as per the condition "The degree should be taught in English Language as per NARC". Am I supposed to get some letter from my university stating that degree was taught in English. If someone can share the format of this letter it will be great. Or will the IELTS test be good enough to claim points for this?
Please advice.
No, If the PBS calculator awards you 10 points for your course then all you need to provide is the Original Degree. The PBS calculator relies on a database provided by NARIC
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer