ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please suggest how to apply for Tier1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Please suggest how to apply for Tier1 visa

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:22 am

Hi, I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa in November. Please suggest on following :-

1. I have some confusion whether to apply for my wife's visa together with me or to apply for her visa later. As she is carrying I want to delay her visa so that I can apply hers as well as baby's visa together later. Also I cannot delay my visa as I will turn 30 early next year and wont be eligible for the visa.

2. I have big time confusion with calculation of 5yrs peroid in order to apply for ILR. I want to know how is this 5yrs time calculated? I understand that visa is initially granted for 2yrs and followed by 3yrs. But I may not be able to travel at the same time when my visa is granted and also I may come back to India for holidays during this 5yrs of stay in UK. In the above mentioned case how is the 5yrs period calculated? Also is there any grace period for this overall time and is there any document which i can read to check this?

Please let me know.
Thanks in Advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Please suggest how to apply for Tier1 visa

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:41 am

GouravSharma1981 wrote:Hi, I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa in November. Please suggest on following :-

1. I have some confusion whether to apply for my wife's visa together with me or to apply for her visa later. As she is carrying I want to delay her visa so that I can apply hers as well as baby's visa together later. Also I cannot delay my visa as I will turn 30 early next year and wont be eligible for the visa.

You can apply for your visa first and then apply for your dependants later.

2. I have big time confusion with calculation of 5yrs peroid in order to apply for ILR. I want to know how is this 5yrs time calculated? I understand that visa is initially granted for 2yrs and followed by 3yrs. But I may not be able to travel at the same time when my visa is granted and also I may come back to India for holidays during this 5yrs of stay in UK. In the above mentioned case how is the 5yrs period calculated? Also is there any grace period for this overall time and is there any document which i can read to check this?

The ILR rules might change sometime next year. According to the rules in place now, the ILR period is calculated from the day your enter UK. So, having a valid visa in not enough, you should actually be present in UK for 5 yrs. You can apply from 28 days before you complete your 5 yrs stay so, you can enter within the 28 days from the day your visa starts. If you cannot enter within 28 days then you have to extend your visa twice to complete the qualifying period.

Please let me know.
Thanks in Advance.

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 am

1. I guess I will apply for my visa first.
2. For the second question, as per the reply does it mean that I will have to stay in UK continuously without any break?? By break I mean cant I travel back to India for holidays??
Also just for the entry purpose (in order to complete 5yrs) what if I just visit UK at the start of my valid entry period and try to search for a job from there for a month. In case things work out, start with the job or else come back to India and search from here. Will this be considered as valid 5yrs even if I come back to India and search for a job from here and say I get a job in 2-3 months time after this.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 am

GouravSharma1981 wrote:1. I guess I will apply for my visa first.
2. For the second question, as per the reply does it mean that I will have to stay in UK continuously without any break?? By break I mean cant I travel back to India for holidays??
Also just for the entry purpose (in order to complete 5yrs) what if I just visit UK at the start of my valid entry period and try to search for a job from there for a month. In case things work out, start with the job or else come back to India and search from here. Will this be considered as valid 5yrs even if I come back to India and search for a job from here and say I get a job in 2-3 months time after this.
You can be out of UK for 180 days in the 5 year period. There are a number of topics on this issue already in this forum. Use the 'Search' and you will find them.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... se+absence

Also see the below link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary