ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age calculation for Leave to Remain

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkazimhyobo

Age calculation for Leave to Remain

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 am

Hi members,

I was 34 years old when I applied initially for my Tier 1 Visa and got 5 points for the age. Now after 3 years, when I will apply for extension, would I get the same point for age or no points at all as I have crossed the last limit 35.

If possible can some 1 refer me the link to homeoffice website for this issue?

Cheers
Kazim

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:42 am

Oh, so no points for me :(

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Re: Age calculation for Leave to Remain

Post by Mohanfromblr » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 pm

mkazimhyobo wrote:Hi members,

I was 34 years old when I applied initially for my Tier 1 Visa and got 5 points for the age. Now after 3 years, when I will apply for extension, would I get the same point for age or no points at all as I have crossed the last limit 35.

If possible can some 1 refer me the link to homeoffice website for this issue?

Cheers
Kazim
Very Very poorly formed question.
So far UKBA has been very fair with respect to applying new rules. I mean so far they have formulated new rules for new applicants- which means extension applications are not affected by new rules and those who apply for extension have to satisy points based on the criteria set at the time of thier first ever application.
Now, if you apply the above logic(whihc you have to) you would get 5 points for age even during the extension.
By the way, I have just checked the age criteria for all the following Tier-1 categories:
1. First time Applicants on or after April,01,2008 and before April,01,2009
2. First time Applicants after April,01,2009 and before April,01,2010
3. First time Applicants after April,01,2010 and before July,19,2010
4. First time Applicants after July,19,2010

Under any of these categories, I am sure there was never any case which has given 5 points for an age of 34 forget about extension. As I said if you had got anywhere by chance 5 points for 34 years of age you would definetly get the same for your extension.
Seniors in this forum, please correct me if I am wrong.