ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier-1 | Ideal time to travel?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nitint1

Got Tier-1 | Ideal time to travel?

Post by nitint1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi
I got my visa valid from 1st Nov, but looks like I cannot travel before 10th Feb, so effectively 3 months after Visa Start date.
Is there any issue in this delay?
Would it impact my Visa Extension application after 2 yrs?

TIA
Nitin

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Under current rules, any delay of more than 28 days from the effective date of the visa will require you to apply for a 2nd extension before becoming eligible for settlement.

No effect on (1st) extension after 2 years.

regards

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Does it make sense just to travel for couple of days, to avoid this 2nd extension?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes, it may.

Do note that the period between day of departure from UK (at end of this short trip) to the day of (re)entry (in Feb., for example) will be counted as an absence from UK for the purpose of settlement.

And no one can tell you today what the eligibility requirements for settlement will be in 2015-2016.

regards

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under current rules, any delay of more than 28 days from the effective date of the visa will require you to apply for a 2nd extension before becoming eligible for settlement.

No effect on (1st) extension after 2 years.

regards
So does that mean, 1st extension would not of 3 years?
Could you also point to official guidance document/webpage to refer?

Thanks a lot..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm

nitint1 wrote:So does that mean, 1st extension would not of 3 years?
No, It is an assumption that you are making.

The ILR clock starts from the day of entry into the UK, not from the effective date of the visa.

Under current rules, one can apply for settlement no earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of their entry into the UK. Therefore, if you enter UK after 28 days of the visa issue (effective) date your (2+3 year) leave / visa will expire before you become eligible to apply for settlement. And therefore you'll need to apply for 2nd extension to remain in the UK.

regards

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am

Dear Sushdmehta,
Your posts are always worth more than reading. When ever you write it is understood even to the starters. The concept that you explain goes straight into the minds of the readers and they dont need another reference.
I would like to know your background. Are you a practising lawyer/solicitor or any way related to Law?

Thanks in Adbvance

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Do we need any documents other than Passport while travelling?
For Visa or anything. I'm 99% sure there shouldn't be any, but thought of asking to make it 100%.

Thanks in advance.