ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yggdrasil
Ireland

Dependents help

Post by yggdrasil » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:43 am

This board has been a great resource and I'm hoping you all don't mind helping me one more time. I am filling in the online VAF 10 forms for my wife and two daughters. I received my Tier 1 General valid in October. I have not yet arrived in the UK and don't yet have a job there. I did not apply for my dependents at the time but they will now be traveling with me. The online form for my wife is asking if I am employed and I am (still in the US). I answered yes, but now it wants a lot of details that seem aimed at me being employed in the UK which I am not yet. How do I answer? Particularly it wants to know the name and address of my employer, phone number, and (oddly) expected end date of employment. I started to fill in the US details but it seems not to fit well. I don't want to put incorrect information but the form doesn't seem to fit my situation. Your advice is much appreciated!

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Are u employed here indicates ur UK employement. So you can say no since you are not employed in UK yet. Even before you seek job in the UK you can apply for ur dependants Visa.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:21 am

Thank you! It seems that I can also make additional comments to qualify my current status when I submit the application in paper form. Your assistance is much appreciated.