ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier1 day after tomorrow, Urgent question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier1 day after tomorrow, Urgent question

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 (Outside UK) on coming Friday. I have a question related to pbsappendix1 form.

What value am I supposed to fill in section 4.6 under "Earnings in pounds sterling"?
Is it the uplifted value of my home country amount in GBP or is it the amount after applying the Exchange rate alone?

I am applying from India and my salary is close to 9Lacs. and this amount comes as some 12000 GBP as per PBS. But for India the uplift factor is 5.3 so my net UK ecquivalent salary comes out to be 66000 GBP. I am confused what amount to put here.

Please help.

tbnag
India

Re: Applying for Tier1 day after tomorrow, Urgent question

Post by tbnag » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:53 pm

GouravSharma1981 wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 (Outside UK) on coming Friday. I have a question related to pbsappendix1 form.

What value am I supposed to fill in section 4.6 under "Earnings in pounds sterling"?
Is it the uplifted value of my home country amount in GBP or is it the amount after applying the Exchange rate alone?

I am applying from India and my salary is close to 9Lacs. and this amount comes as some 12000 GBP as per PBS. But for India the uplift factor is 5.3 so my net UK ecquivalent salary comes out to be 66000 GBP. I am confused what amount to put here.

Please help.
Hi,
You need to enter 12000 GBP. Always use point based calculator pdf while filling the pbsappendix1 form.It will help u a lot.

Regards,
tbnag

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 pm

not sure i really understand ur question but here it goes as per my understanding

(12 months gross salary addition)*(1 INR converted to 1 GBP as per Oanda) *(5.3)

now if u ask me which days conversion rate to take as per oanda then my answer will be 30 Nov since that is the last day of your claim period

hope this helps

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:15 am

Thanks for the reply tbnag and rohitys.

In PBS summary sheet it shows 12000 GBP as sterling pounds. But just below that line it shows Total sterling pounds where it uplifts this number to 66000 GBP.

If you see in the form there is no place where I can mention the total sterling pounds. Next section directly is the salary band. That's the reason I am confused with it. If some one filled this form recently please let me know what have you put?

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:56 am

GouravSharma1981 wrote:
If you see in the form there is no place where I can mention the total sterling pounds. Next section directly is the salary band. That's the reason I am confused with it. If some one filled this form recently please let me know what have you put?
not true !!! filled the form yesterday

look in section 4.6 of PBSappendix 1

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 am

I cannot find that field either... it has:

Source of Earnings
Country of Earnings
Currency in which Earnings were paid
Earnings Claim
Exchange Rate Applied
Earnings in pounds sterling
Evidence of earnings provided

On the calculator, it has another field not included in the form: Salary equivalent. (The calculator has a field called Earnings in pounds sterling, but that's before applying the uplift ratio). Even when printing the summary, it has this extra column which does not appear in the form.

That said however, just uplift your salary somewhere (I don't think it really matters) and indicate CLEARLY that is what you are doing. (Maybe go into another line if necessary or something).

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 am

rohitys wrote:
GouravSharma1981 wrote:
not true !!! filled the form yesterday

look in section 4.6 of PBSappendix 1
my bad... apologies !! if ur talking abt entering 12000 gbp then don't bother but 66000 u definitely need to enter under "earnings in pounds sterling"

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks guys, thanks for the reply...
I have put 12000 in that field and along with that added a sticky note which clearly states the salary equivalent.

I hope this works out. I will check with VFS officer as well about this.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm

@ gaurav

You are suppose to fill 66000 band and not 12000. as if you declare 12000 you will not be eligible for tier 1.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 pm

sudeepss wrote:@ gaurav

You are suppose to fill 66000 band and not 12000. as if you declare 12000 you will not be eligible for tier 1.
I agree with Sudeepss. You need to mention the equivalent amount in pounds and that is why the uplift rate is provided. UKBA knows that earning £66,000 straight in those countries is a lot more difficult. YOu need to mention the equivalent amount i.e. £66,000 otherwise they would find an excuse to reject your application.

Good luck

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:49 am

No, you don't apply the uplift ratio here (use the PBS calculator as your base). You apply it when you select the point equivalent. What Gourav did is right.