ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependent visa (For my husband who is on Tier-2)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shobitha
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependent visa (For my husband who is on Tier-2)

Post by shobitha » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi All

I am a Tier-1 visa holder (valid till June 2012). My husband is currently working in the UK on a Tier -2 visa (valid till April 2011) and we are currently living together in UK .We are planning to submit a dependent application from India on December 29th

I would kindly like to ask the members of the forum some help/info on the below:

1) Would the home office consider his current status in UK(valid till April 2011) and reject our application, even after submiting all the proofs/documents correctly.

2)Before how many days of the visa expiry can he apply for new visa.

Please if anyone has experience in such a situation, kindly provide us with some info.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers
Shobitha

gregshukla

Re: Tier-1 Dependent visa (For my husband who is on Tier-2)

Post by gregshukla » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:22 pm

shobitha wrote:Hi All

I am a Tier-1 visa holder (valid till June 2012). My husband is currently working in the UK on a Tier -2 visa (valid till April 2011) and we are currently living together in UK .We are planning to submit a dependent application from India on December 29th

I would kindly like to ask the members of the forum some help/info on the below:

1) Would the home office consider his current status in UK(valid till April 2011) and reject our application, even after submiting all the proofs/documents correctly.

2)Before how many days of the visa expiry can he apply for new visa.

Please if anyone has experience in such a situation, kindly provide us with some info.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers
Shobitha
1) Having a valid UK visa is not a reason for rejecting your dependent application, why did you think so?

2) Since he is applying as your dependent, it is irrelevant how long his current visa is valid for.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:46 pm

1. No, Tier2 visa will not effect ur hubbies tier1 visa application

2. you can apply whenever u r ready to

shobitha
Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply

Post by shobitha » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:05 am

Hi

Thanks Ramesh and Shukla for the info...

Will keep you posted about the progress

Wishing All a Happy and Joyous New Year 2011

Cheers
Shobitha