ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Online before 23rd December-Inputs needed.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Applying Online before 23rd December-Inputs needed.

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Dear All,
The news about the close of T1G is official, and the date set is 23rd December.

I have a question (with some hope), can I apply before 23rd December, pay the application fees etc, and then submit my documents later say next week.

I need to get some documents, bank statements from overseas, and will be receiving them only next week. All the documents are ready, the only issue is that I they havent reached me.

My main question is, can I apply online and pay fees before 23rd December and submit all the documents the following week?

Do I stand a chance in applying for T1G.

Thanks,
Raj

km_india
Newly Registered

Post by km_india » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey buddy,

I dont think that's possible. You will have to submit all the documents in full. If any document is missing, it's an automatic rejection.

Regards.
km

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

If you are in UK,you will fine but if you are applying outside UK,it will be impossible

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Possible if you're allowed to apply online and pay online (depends on country you are applying from) and then schedule an appointment to submit the documents and submit biometrics.

regards

amuk

Post by amuk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Possible if you're allowed to apply online and pay online (depends on country you are applying from) and then schedule an appointment to submit the documents and submit biometrics.
That's exactly my case. I can pay online in my country and I plan to schedule the appointment in the first week of January. @sushdmehta: do you see any potential problems with that?

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the inputs. I will try to pursue T1G further, not given up hope yet.

Have some queries regarding Online application, I have filled up most of the things, and I have reached the page where it asks me to sign(name) and complete the application. I assume payment will come next. I have no issues till here.

My questions are,
When will I have the option to select date of submission of documents? Will it be after the payment is made. If that is the case, will I be able to select a date beyond 23rd December to submit the documents?

What is the usual timeline to submit the documents after applying online?

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

You might have a bit of a fight on your hands - I applied on 20 Dec 2010 and payment went through on 20 Dec 2010 (it even showed this on the application form). So everything was concluded on 20 Dec 2010 and then today I went to submit the documentation (21 Dec 2010). My online application now displays application date as 21 Dec 2010 and NOT 20 Dec 2010 as per the guidance (which says for out of country applications, the application date is the date that payment is received).

EDIT: And yes, you select the appointment date after you selected the method of payment.

amuk

Post by amuk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

mulderpf wrote:I applied on 20 Dec 2010 and payment went through on 20 Dec 2010 (it even showed this on the application form). So everything was concluded on 20 Dec 2010 and then today I went to submit the documentation (21 Dec 2010). My online application now displays application date as 21 Dec 2010.
That doesn't look good. I plan on submitting my documentation first week of January.

Have you asked why your application now shows 21 Dec.?

Any expert insight?

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi All,
What will be the maximum time limit (if any) from the date of completion of online application (including payment) to scheduling an appointment to submit the documents. Can this be upto a week or so? If it used to allow a week or more before, will that be still valid (technically as well while applying) considering the fact that applications close on 23rd December?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

For local VAC / BHC to advise. BTW, where are you applying from?

regards

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi, Am planning to apply from Chennai, India. I can complete the online application including payment immediately. But I would need about a weeks time for my documents as I am yet to receive them from abroad, already posted,on their way to India)

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm

NRajkumar wrote:Hi, Am planning to apply from Chennai, India. I can complete the online application including payment immediately. But I would need about a weeks time for my documents as I am yet to receive them from abroad, already posted,on their way to India)
Are you sure Indian applicants in India are allowed to submit applications online? I thought it could only be done in VFS centres.

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/applying.aspx

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonlin ... countries/ mentions India but only contains a link to VFS.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Have they started online application process in India for Tier 1 (General) applicants? The VFS website seems to suggest that the process has been introduced for Tier 2 only. Do check!

regards

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Have they started online application process in India for Tier 1 (General) applicants? The VFS website seems to suggest that the process has been introduced for Tier 2 only. Do check!

regards
Will VFS people be able to tell us if I call them ?
VFS offices are closed now at the moment, will call them to see if I can get an appointment and pay the fees now.

Please keep us posted if there is a way .

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:25 pm

NRajkumar wrote:Hi, Am planning to apply from Chennai, India. I can complete the online application including payment immediately. But I would need about a weeks time for my documents as I am yet to receive them from abroad, already posted,on their way to India)
Can you please give the link for online application ?
All I can get is the VFS link.

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi All,
I followed the link in the UKBA website (online applications) and entered the my details including country, and the system prompted two options, and online option was also available.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Dear mods,
Do we have at-least a slight chance if we apply it online tomorrow and submit documents later after a week ?
I know its a gamble and we are risking around 60,000 Rs.

Is there anyway that we can verify this..

Please help..

etrade

Post by etrade » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm

if any one applying outside uk,,then both documents and fee should be submitted till end of 22nd dec.

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

NRajkumar wrote:Hi All,
I followed the link in the UKBA website (online applications) and entered the my details including country, and the system prompted two options, and online option was also available.
It looks like India has online appointment option but not online payment.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:06 pm

NRajkumar wrote:Hi All,
Can you post the actual link here?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Refer to UKVisas website, when applying from outside UK. This UKBA website is not meant for out-country applicants.

regards

destinyrules13
Newly Registered

Post by destinyrules13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi,
i am submitting online application from this link: http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
have just completed my details and about to click done.

will it be helpful if i submit application now, pay online and submit documents on the appointment date .i.e. 1st week of jan? will they consider my application in this case?

your guidance much needed....pls.. help us..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 pm

destinyrules13 wrote:Hi,
i am submitting online application from this link: http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
have just completed my details and about to click done.

will it be helpful if i submit application now, pay online and submit documents on the appointment date .i.e. 1st week of jan? will they consider my application in this case?

your guidance much needed....pls.. help us..
You may use this website to apply online only if online application process exists / is allowed in the country you are applying from.

Whether you may be allowed to submit documents later than 23-Dec may only be possible for applicants in country where online applications are allowed. How many day later can one submit the documents can only be advised by the local VAC / BHC.

regards

destinyrules13
Newly Registered

Post by destinyrules13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:26 pm

yes..i have applied from india and the country name is in the list from where can i apply online.. the site successfully accepted my application. just that it didn give me the option to pay.. so i will make payment on the day of appointment.
will my application be considered, as i have not submitted any document as of now and they r closing on 23rd?

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 pm

destinyrules13 wrote:i have applied from india and the country name is in the list from where can i apply online..
Which list did you see? In the list on http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonlin ... countries/ clicking on India takes you to the VFS website.

Please call VFS first thing tomorrow and check if online application is accepted or not.