ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job in Ireland Vs HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skhan
Newly Registered

job in Ireland Vs HSMP?

Post by skhan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi All,
I need information / guidance for the following:

I was planning to apply for HSMP, but in the meanwhile I got a job offer in Dublin Ireland in a telecom company. I just wanna know should I prefer that job in Ireland or go for HSMP? What is the situation in the UK for professionals in telecom especially in wireless? how much is difficult finding a job in telecom sector after getting HSMP?
Will really appreciate feedback from senior members/moderators!!!

Thanks in advanced.
Regards. skhan

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:32 pm

A job in hand is better than none. You can take your oppurtunty and still keep your options open by applying for hsmp from ireland if things dont work out for you.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:43 pm

Well, I guess I have similar story, I started to work in Dublin with WP. I had applied to HSMP before I went to dublin. I got HSMP while I am working in Dublin and now I am going to the UK in 2 weeks.

Having HSMP which means 99 % having citizenship in 5 years (of course if u want so) is more advantageous than having 1 y renewable work permit. And I should add that Irish Immigration is not that organized and you might have nice surprises.

Regarding jobs, UK, especially london is full of jobs from all fields. Dont worry.

skhan
Newly Registered

Post by skhan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi gulgon
Thanks for your reply.
I am planning the same. Go for job and then apply HSMP.
I have some questions for the WP in Ireland:

I heard that one can bring his family after some period of time hwile on WP. I heard for different periods like 3 months, 6 and even one year. Could you tell me the right figure?

Also what is the difference between WP and Working visa? what is difference between two? should i prefer WV as compared to WP?

Regards.
skhan