ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy agreement for tier1 general dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

razian97

Tenancy agreement for tier1 general dependent visa

Post by razian97 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

hi experts
i shall apply next week for tier 1 dependent visa for my wife and son from Islamabad.
I am living in a shared accommodation now a days with my friends.
I have arranged a separate home with an other landlord and tenancy agreement for that home shall start on 30th of January 2011..
the address on my all documents which I am sending to embassy including bank statement,salary slips and phone bills is the same where I am living at the moment.
do you think it shall be alright or not?or shall I arrange tenancy agreement on same address where I am living at the moment??

your kind reply shall be appreciated.
many thanks.

silverline

Post by silverline » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 am

That shouldn't be problem. To be on safe side, while submitting tenancy agreement of new property, also state the fact that you have rented new property for your dependant.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi,
What is the need for tenancy agreement? under the PBS dependent system its no longer required
all u need is ur visa page and maintainance funds thats it

razian97

Post by razian97 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:59 pm

ash210 wrote:Hi,
What is the need for tenancy agreement? under the PBS dependent system its no longer required
all u need is ur visa page and maintainance funds thats it
Tenancy agreement as such is not a requirement from UKBA ,but its good to submit.because every EC officer in embassy has own mind and way of assessment of visa application.so it better to attach tenancy agreement.

call2bala

tenancy agreement

Post by call2bala » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Razian97
I also have same question and i am also in the same situation now.
According to UKBA site don't ask tenancy agreement. But in INDIA VFS service is asking tenancy agreement. It is a must for dependent.

I still don't know whether your current letters like bank statement,salary slips and phone bills which is in old address will create a problem or not for the visa.
But while submission you will say you are got a new flat for your dependents.
we also want to save 1 month rent when we go to homeland and come along with our dependents.

I think some experts should guide us for this situation.

I hope someone will show a light for us

razian97

Re: tenancy agreement

Post by razian97 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:43 am

call2bala wrote:Hi Razian97
I also have same question and i am also in the same situation now.
According to UKBA site don't ask tenancy agreement. But in INDIA VFS service is asking tenancy agreement. It is a must for dependent.

I still don't know whether your current letters like bank statement,salary slips and phone bills which is in old address will create a problem or not for the visa.
e submission you will say you are got a new flat for your dependents.
we also want to save 1 month rent when we go to homeland and come along with our dependents.

I think some experts should guide us for this situation.

I hope someone will show a light for us
I have confirmed and discussed with many experts and fresh applicants of dependent visa,they all said, there should be no problem with that if you arrange a separate home for dependents.any how, I shall mention in my covering letter that I have arranged a separate home.

call2bala

thanks

Post by call2bala » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm

hello Razian

Thanks for the reply.
From u r reply , i understand that we can show the tenancy agreement for future date to apply for the dependent visa. I hope the tenancy agreement is enough. I won't get the utility bills before the visa application date. Is it ok?

razian97

Re: thanks

Post by razian97 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:53 am

call2bala wrote:hello Razian

Thanks for the reply.
From u r reply , i understand that we can show the tenancy agreement for future date to apply for the dependent visa. I hope the tenancy agreement is enough. I won't get the utility bills before the visa application date. Is it ok?
It seems me to ok because i shall wrote the start date of tenancy agreement in covering letter and shall mention that when my family shall arrive in UK ,we shall move to new home.

gargnaveen20
Newly Registered

Shared Accomodation for Tier1 Dependency VISA

Post by gargnaveen20 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi,

Can somebody please confirm me if I can apply VISA of Tier1 dependency with the contract of shared acccomodation. I got the contract done for shared accomodation for me and my wife. Just want to know if somebody got the visa on shared accomodation before.

Thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 am

Yes, i got my wife's visa in the shared accomdation. They only look if the place is not overcrowded and according to the rule, a couple can live in in a standard double bedroom. Hope it clarfiies..

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Guys

I have just got to know that my wife's visa application is successful :) I had this concern too regarding the accommodation as I plan to rent it later i.e before they come to the UK so didn't have any such evidence right now.

Contrary to what was suggested to me by various sources, I took the risk and applied and thankfully the application was successful. Which means that you don't really require any proof of accommodation. I dont know if it depends on CO to CO but its definitely not a requirement. Moreover, I did not mention at all where they are going to stay as I thought that this is why UKBA asks for proof of fund that you will be able to have an accommodation when required so just gave proof of that and not of accommodation.

Let me know if someone has any queries.

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyplus » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Really Healpful quote by you.... I had few query... if you could guide me?

As my wife applied for Visit visa on Nov. 2011 and got rejected, in this case:

1) Would her Visit visa rejection ll impact on her dependent visa application?

2)[/b] My wife is Graduate's from Mumbai university and she had letter form her University stating that her Degree education was taught in English Medium, still need to meet her IELTS or University originals and letter ll wave off her IELTS requirement

3)[/b] I m in this country for last 8 years...
How much maintained fund do I need to show? as per Guidance its £533 for last 90 days ( 3 months) and plus £800 for myself at the time of application? It mean £533 for last 3 months and 533+800= 1333 at the time of Application and not 1333 for last 3 months? confused...

MY wife also have enough money in her India bank account for more than 100 days, so which account should we show for maintance?

4) I worked part time till 6/01/2012 so I do have payslips for this employment and I m self employed too. My bank account had payment In entries for my self employed income from Oct.2011 to till date... every month nearly 2 entries

5) Tenancy agreement: I m staying in PG now and planning to take one bed or studio flat once my spouse arrived, In this case what document do I need to show for provisional accommodation for my spouse?

6) For how many months of Bank statements do I need to show? and how much balance/ amount in my bank account would consider as sound bank balance?

boardUser wrote:Hi Guys

I have just got to know that my wife's visa application is successful :) I had this concern too regarding the accommodation as I plan to rent it later i.e before they come to the UK so didn't have any such evidence right now.

Contrary to what was suggested to me by various sources, I took the risk and applied and thankfully the application was successful. Which means that you don't really require any proof of accommodation. I dont know if it depends on CO to CO but its definitely not a requirement. Moreover, I did not mention at all where they are going to stay as I thought that this is why UKBA asks for proof of fund that you will be able to have an accommodation when required so just gave proof of that and not of accommodation.

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm

I can answer it partially

As per my experience you do not need tenancy agreement or payslips to apply for Tier 1 visa. You need to show that you have these funds for past 3 months and the document/bank statement that you will use to show these should not be older than one month.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Mandatory Requirements
*Copy of Main Applicant's Tier 1 visa
*Marriage Certificate (and any other stuff to show a subsisting relationship)
*Dependent's passport(s)
*Original Bank Statements or statements meeting the criteria as specified in the Policy Guidance.

razian97

Post by razian97 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

ScopeD wrote:Mandatory Requirements
*Dependent's passport(s)
*Original Bank Statements or statements meeting the criteria as specified in the Policy Guidance.
please read the following link about all the details for tier1 dependent visa application process.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#469300

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:34 pm

razian97 wrote:
ScopeD wrote:Mandatory Requirements
*Dependent's passport(s)
please read the following link about all the details for tier1 dependent visa application process.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#469300
razian97 - Noted but i still insist that:

Mandatory Requirements
*Dependent's passport(s)
*Original Bank Statements or statements meeting the criteria as specified in the Policy Guidance

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 pm

boardUser wrote:Hi Guys

Hi

Can you please mention which VFS u submitted dependent application.
Also I checked that requirement from main applicant

1)Visa copy
2)Original 3 months bank statement showing 800+533 as maintenance fund.

dependent
1)passport
2)marriage cert and photos

That's all have u submitted or anything more .
Also please send me the copy of invitation letter format to my mail id.