ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Dependent visa applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 am

razian97 wrote:
chosenaik wrote:For other Pakistani applicants: My experience has been to keep the information to the minimum and keep it simple. I think that has resulted in us obtaining a prompt approval with in 3 working weeks.
you are absolutely right but I had a different experience with my previous application for dependent visa. I tried to keep it simple and attached the only documents which were required and listed in home office website ( now ukba).
the reasons of refusals were,
you haven't provided wedding photographs
you haven't provided telephone bills
you haven't provided accommodation arrangement evidences.
you haven't provided source of earning,that how you shall support your family in UK
you haven't provided wedding invitation cards.
you didn't provided any evidence that how you have maintained funds in your bank account,you haven't provided any evidence that from where you got this money.etc etc.

so in my opinion every entry clearance officer has there own mind and way of assessment of application.some time they refuse visa without any solid reason.some time they issue visa with simple visa documents.
in your case, I think you are lucky that's why your application has been approved.
I think chosenaik is right.

2 of my friends also applied for Tier 1 Dependant visa.They also submit only required document by UKBA and got visa in less than a month.While some applied with too many additional documents and the Caseworker got confused with so many documents and visa was either refused or was very delayed.

Raizain

While your visa was refused even you submit required documents.Why did not you appealed against that decision because it was very easy to win that case.

I have to apply for family visa(Tier 1 Dependant) and have asked 2/3 solicitors here in london and they all are strictly advising me to submit only required documents.

I will submit only marriage certificate and bank statements for maintenance funds for my Dependants as advise by solicitors and required by Ukba.

razian97

Post by razian97 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:59 pm

hi AUHS
wish you best of luck.
I have re applied again.let see inshaALLAH.
I think you are quiet right,but only few cases get visa with simple documents.most of them get refused, I know many of those who been refused as like my case above.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm

I agree with Razian, that if his initial application was rejected (and for others too wom are re-aplying it would be better to send additional info to cover the gaps identified). My point was more so for 1st time applicants whom are confident that they are submitting the docs required by the UKBA, to keep it simple.

Also, especially if yours is a simple case. E.g.: I am T1 G holder. My salary is sufficient to support 2 people (salary shown in the letter from employer). I had enough funds as required (letter from bank instead of bank statements so as no confusion about funds on any one day). Have a subsisting marriage. We did not even write a covering letter (I did however write an undertaking letter that I will be supporting my wife with no recourse to public funds what so ever). At Gerry's My wife simply submitted all the documents to them and that was it.

Razian, InshAllah, your approval will surely come soon, as you have been diligent in covering all the gaps identified.

handsomeishere

tier 1 dependent from paksitan

Post by handsomeishere » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm

hi all , i m on tier 1 general and my wife is applying as my dependent we are gona send them the following documents, and i would also be asking a few questions, plz feel free 2 ask ot 2 answer any of my questions,

DOCUMENTS FROM MY WIFE

1.Dependent Application - VAF 10 Form duly filled and signed.
2.Application fee
3. MY wife passport and its photocopy
4. my wife original NADRA NIC card and its photocopy
5. my wife 2 pictures(as specified in the description)
6. our original marriage (Nikkah) certificate along with English translation attested by foreign office.
7. my wife TB Certificate.
8. our Marriage ceremony photographs

DOCUMENTS FROM MAIN APPLILANT(ME)
2.covering letter of main applicant
3.Main applicant’s passport, visa copies and biometrics residence permit. All attested by a UK solicitor.
4.Main applicant Pakistan ID card Copy.
5.Main applicant Tenancy Agreement.
6.No Objection letter from main applicant’s landlord.
7.Main applicant’s bank statements (above 3 months).
8.Main applicant’s International (phone) Calling Cards.
9.Main applicant’s original national insurance contribution bills.
10.Letter from my account as a proof of my income and self employed business
questions: 1 do i need to send the attested copies of my current visa or the past visa too, (when i was on PSW, )
QUESTION2 , I have been using the international calling cards to call my wife, i have kept about 16 used cards , can i send it to show as a proof of relationship?
question 3, i am self employed and have been paying the national insurence contributions as an self employed person, can i show that as a proof of self employment, and if i get a letter from my accountant that i have earned this much money and i am self employed would it help,

plz feel free 2 raise any kind of questions regarding Tier 1 dependent visa,

cherrs

razian97

Post by razian97 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm

questions: 1 do i need to send the attested copies of my current visa or the past visa too, (when i was on PSW, )
Answer: yes you need to send photocopies of your current passport bio data and visa pages copies.you do not need to send previous visa pages copies,as you shall apply for tier1 general dependent visa , it doesn't make any sense that why you should send PSW visa pages copies.only send your current status in uk.
QUESTION2 , I have been using the international calling cards to call my wife, i have kept about 16 used cards , can i send it to show as a proof of relationship?
Answer: yes you can send it,but its better if you send your telephone bills,mobile telephone bills,chat,emails and any other communication evidence.highlight your numbers.
question 3, i am self employed and have been paying the national insurence contributions as an self employed person, can i show that as a proof of self employment, and if i get a letter from my accountant that i have earned this much money and i am self employed would it help,
Answer: in my opinion accountant letter should be sufficient.
Last edited by razian97 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

handsomeishere

Post by handsomeishere » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 pm

razian97 wrote:questions: 1 do i need to send the attested copies of my current visa or the past visa too, (when i was on PSW, )
Answer: yes you need to send photocopies of your current passport bio data and visa pages copies.you do not need to send previous visa pages copies,as you shall apply for tier1 general dependent visa , it doesn't make any sense that why you should send PSW visa pages copies.only send your current status in uk.
Answer: yes you can send it,but its better if you send your telephone bills,mobile telephone bills,chat,emails and any other communication evidence.highlight your numbers.
Answer: in my opinion accountant letter shall be sufficient.
thanks razian , i really appreciate it, :) and can i attest the photo copies from the post office? cheers

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Please refrain from using this topic as 1:1 conversations or repeatedly asking for "application status updates", posting "application status", or incessant congratulatory messages. Please use PM for such things.

For processing time lines, please view / post in this topic.

For the topic to remain of value, where people can find "useful" information related to dependant applications from Pakistan - and not repeatedly coming across posts to the effect "application sent to AC" or "what's status of your application" or "congratulations" - please post only when you have an "appropriate" query to post and / or a "relevant" response to make.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

razian97

Post by razian97 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm

handsomeishere wrote:
razian97 wrote:questions: 1 do i need to send the attested copies of my current visa or the past visa too, (when i was on PSW, )
Answer: in my opinion accountant letter shall be sufficient.
thanks razian , i really appreciate it, :) and can i attest the photo copies from the post office? cheers
yes you can get photocopies attested from royal mail identity check services,they charge £7 for three documents.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

You mentioned above in the list of required documents that we need to attach NADRA nic cards copies

Question:

An urgent reply would be really apprecited.

Does the CNIC(Shanakhti card) need to be in English or Urdu is fine?

Do we both need to attach our CNIC or Only my wife (who is applying for Tier 1 dependent visa) need to attach her CNIC?

Thanks
Kam

razian97

Post by razian97 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 pm

na2316 wrote:Hi,

You mentioned above in the list of required documents that we need to attach NADRA nic cards copies

Question:

An urgent reply would be really apprecited.

Does the CNIC(Shanakhti card) need to be in English or Urdu is fine?

Do we both need to attach our CNIC or Only my wife (who is applying for Tier 1 dependent visa) need to attach her CNIC?

Thanks
Kam
if you have English one than its alright,if not than translate front and back of NADRA ID card yourself and get attested from any authorized translator or notary public.
Attach both i.e you and your wife CNIC copies translated and attested.
Razian

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks Razian for reply, really apprecited.

Just few more points, i would like to clear with you PLEASE.

In THE above (1st) post it says to attach the following DOCS with dependent application, Can you please clarify the doubts/Qs in parenthesis below in front of eaach DOC. MANY THANKS.

- Covering letter (just from me as the main applicant OR my wife (Tier 1 dependent) need to write one cover letter too)

- JOB from employer (What should it say?)

- SALARY slips (How many months?)

- bank statement of three months maintenance funds 3000 pounds

(I have only 1 dependent i.e. My wife, DO I need to show £600 or £3000.)

- Tenancy agreement

( I am in a shared accomodation. I will be attaching the Tenancy agreement and NO OBJECTION LETTER from Landlord, would that be enough? )

- MY PASSPORT's main pages and visa page photo copies ,verfied and
attested from royal mail post office

( I am in UK at the moment. Do i need to ATTEST my passport's main pages and visa page photo copies from royal mail post office before sending it to my wife to attach with her dependent application. Is the ATTESTion MUST or can i self attest these? Also do i need to send normal photo copies or coloured copies? )

- I just got married 1 and a half month ago, DO I NEED TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING? We have only been speaking on Skype all this time?

mobile phone bills to show proof of communication
emails print outs
greeting cards.
marriage photos
family certificate from NADRA.

- NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English attested from foreign ministry and notary public

Our nikah nama (marriage certificate is already in english, do i still need to attach the URDU one?)

MANY MANY THANKS in advance
kam

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 am

Can someone PLEASE answer the above questions (its urgent) as we need to file the applciation for my WIFE soon?

THANKS in advance

kam

razian97

Post by razian97 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm

na2316 wrote:Thanks Razian for reply, really apprecited.

Just few more points, i would like to clear with you PLEASE.

In THE above (1st) post it says to attach the following DOCS with dependent application, Can you please clarify the doubts/Qs in parenthesis below in front of eaach DOC. MANY THANKS.

- Covering letter (just from me as the main applicant OR my wife (Tier 1 dependent) need to write one cover letter too)
Answer: covering is not necessary,if you want to write covering letter than you can copy paste the covering letter which is given in this post ,written by me.make changes according to your need.
- JOB from employer (What should it say?)
Answer: letter from the employer describes how many hours you work and how much you earn per week or per month.what is your job title etc etc,you can search for a employer letter sample from this forum

- SALARY slips (How many months?)
Answer: 2 to 3 months salary slips

bank statement of three months maintenance funds 3000 pounds
Answer: 3000 pounds were required for mine application when i applied in 2010,you should maintain according to your need.if you dont have any child than you need 900+600 =1500 pounds for three months.

(I have only 1 dependent i.e. My wife, DO I need to show £600 or £3000.)
Tenancy agreement

( I am in a shared accomodation. I will be attaching the Tenancy agreement and NO OBJECTION LETTER from Landlord, would that be enough? )
Answer: yes would be alright

MY PASSPORT's main pages and visa page photo copies , verified and

( I am in UK at the moment. Do i need to ATTEST my passport's main pages and visa page photo copies from royal mail post office before sending it to my wife to attach with her dependent application. Is the ATTESTion MUST or can i self attest these? Also do i need to send normal photo copies or colored copies? )
Answer: its much better if you send Attested and verified copies from Royal mail identity check services or any solicitor.But you also can send without attestation because it is not necessary.photocopies black and white or colored as you wish.

- I just got married 1 and a half month ago, DO I NEED TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING? We have only been speaking on Skype all this time?

mobile phone bills to show proof of communication
emails print outs
greeting cards.
marriage photos
family certificate from NADRA.

Answer: its not necessary to send all of the above,but try as much as you can.

- NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English attested from foreign ministry and notary public

Our nikah nama (marriage certificate is already in english, do i still need to attach the URDU one?)
Answer: Nikah Nama Urdu in original and English translated one both Required from UKBA for tier1 dependant visa from Pakistan.
also attach NADRA family certificate in English as well.

MANY MANY THANKS in advance
kam
Razian

na2316

Post by na2316 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks so much Razian for clarifying.

You mentioned to attach NADRA family certificate in English? what is it? and is it must to attach this?

Also in the initial (1st) post you mentioned that NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English should be attested from foreign ministry and notary public.

Do we just ONLY need to attest NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English from foreign ministry and notary public or we also need to attest other docs from foreign ministry and notary public as well?

Also, Does my wife need to attach my NI (shanakhti card copy) as well with her tier 1 dependent application or only need to attach her NI copy?

Lastly,

I am on tier 1 general migrant visa (recently extended for another 2 years) Does my WIFE need to give any English test or submit any proof of english with her application or there is no need?

Thanks
kam

razian97

Post by razian97 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 pm

na2316 wrote:Thanks so much Razian for clarifying.

You mentioned to attach NADRA family certificate in English? what is it? and is it must to attach this?
Answer:come on Man,you asking me the same questions again and again.please read my post carefully.
NADRA FAMILY CERTIFICATE issued by NADRA,please ask your wife to go to NADRA office to get this certificate.ask her to take NADRA ID CARD to get this certificate.that certificate is already in English language so you do not need to translate it. IT IS NOT MUST TO ATTACH BUT TO SUPPORT THE EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP,ITS A NICE OFFICIAL GOVT DOCUMENT. I attached both NIKAH NAMA and NADRA CERTIFICATE when i applied..

Also in the initial (1st) post you mentioned that NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English should be attested from foreign ministry and notary public.

Do we just ONLY need to attest NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English from foreign ministry and notary public or we also need to attest other docs from foreign ministry and notary public as well?
Answer:NIKAH NAMA both in urdu and english need to be attested from foreighn ministary .YOU DO NOT NEED TO GET ATTESTED ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS EXCEPT NIKAH NAMA.

Also, Does my wife need to attach my NI (shanakhti card copy) as well with her tier 1 dependent application or only need to attach her NI copy?
Answer:
she need to attach her ID card only with application.
if you have translated yours and her ID card than you also can attach yours as well but its not necessary.

Lastly,

I am on tier 1 general migrant visa (recently extended for another 2 years) Does my WIFE need to give any English test or submit any proof of english with her application or there is no need?
Answer:English language test is not required for Tier1 general dependants.so she do not need any English test certificate.
after completing all the required documents,you need to book the apointment in gerrys for application.
Applications fees is 126500 Rupees now a days from Pakistan for tier1 dependant.
please read the following link
for documents required by UKBA ,please visit this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... en-dep.pdf

for visa information in Pakistan and book appointmnet ,visit this link

http://www.ukvacpk.com
l
Thanks

kam
Razian

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am

Razian: Thanks for answers.

Regarding sending Attested and verified copies from Royal mail identity check services;

IS THE ROYAL Royal identity check service ACCEPTABLE by ukba (as a attestation service)? I cant seem to find it anywhere

thanks
kam

razian97

Post by razian97 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm

na2316 wrote:Razian: Thanks for answers.

Regarding sending Attested and verified copies from Royal mail identity check services;

IS THE ROYAL Royal identity check service ACCEPTABLE by ukba (as a attestation service)? I cant seem to find it anywhere

thanks
kam
I am the one who sent Documents attested from Royal Mail and got the visa.My many Friends did the same and my many Readers of this thread they followed the same and got the visa.
Attestation is not required by UKBA,but when you send attested photocopies of Passport and visa pages than it makes easy for visa officer to decide positive,as fraudulent applicant are common in Pakistan.
If you are not satisfied than get attested from Any solicitor.as i have explained you all these things in your previous Questions,NOW I shall not answer your REPEATED QUESTIONS again.
I must suggest you to read this post carefully and Decide according to your need and circumstances of your application.
Last edited by razian97 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razian

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks Razian for your help :)

razian97

Post by razian97 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm

na2316 wrote:Thanks Razian for your help :)

Attestation is not required by UKBA,but when you send attested photocopies of Passport and visa pages than it makes easy for visa officer to decide positive,as fraudulent applicant are common in Pakistan.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Razian

Thanks for all your answers.

One last question:

As you know that, all applciations for UK visas from Pakistan now need to complete an online form and print it and submit with other documents from the LINK below

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

Question:

My wife is applyign for tier 1 dependent visa. Which option (Visa option from List) does she need to select from the site above to make sure that she is fillign the right Application form for tier 1 dependent visa.

It only give options for family, vistor, workers etc

please advise

thanks
kam

janiiii
Newly Registered

Post by janiiii » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm

na2316 wrote:Hi Razian

Thanks for all your answers.

One last question:

As you know that, all applciations for UK visas from Pakistan now need to complete an online form and print it and submit with other documents from the LINK below

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

Question:

My wife is applyign for tier 1 dependent visa. Which option (Visa option from List) does she need to select from the site above to make sure that she is fillign the right Application form for tier 1 dependent visa.

It only give options for family, vistor, workers etc

please advise

thanks
kam
Hi Dear,
i am facing the same problem. did u find any suggestions?
thnks

Farrukh81
Newly Registered

Help

Post by Farrukh81 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for my wife’s Tier 1 Dependent Visa

I got married in October 2012 and my wife has come and lived with me on her own Tier 1 PSW visa
Her PSW Visa would expire in Dec but I am wanting to change to my dependent asap.
I got my Tier 1 general extension on 14 May 2012 and visa is valid till May 2014 now

• Is there a form that you can download for Tier 1 general visa or you just book an appointment and fill the form online and then print it( If there is one can I get a link)
• Can you please provide me with a sample Cover Letter that you guys being true professional have come across or have written for yourself.
• Is there a necessity to provide anything apart from the list below
a. Cover Letter
b. Job Letter
c. Bank statement for maintenance
d. Salary slips
e. Bank statement showing salary credits
f. Wedding Photographs
g. Tenancy agreement
h. Honey moon flights and bookings in Dubai
i. Second honey moon booking last month in Italy to show subsistence in marriage as this was done last month
j. Council tax letter for the new tenancy agreement
k. Royal mail attested documents for my passport and visa
l. Gas and Electricity and BT bill on my name

I just want to know if I am missing anything; I have heard for documents like NOC from the landlord and there is one other document which tell you how big is the house etc

Can you guys advice me on the document list , please copy paste the list if it is somewhere on Other Post

You prompt help would be duly appreciated and I can then help out other people in the forum

Regards
Farrukh Azeem

SameerSheikh

Re: Tier1 General Dependent visa applicants from Pakistan

Post by SameerSheikh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi All

I applied my wife's Tier 1 General Dependant Visa on 30th Dec 2013 from Pakistan. Today (23rd Jan 2014), we got the refusal stating that there wasn't any proof of contact provided which proves a subsisting relationship. I have followed the policy guidance and that NO WHERE asks us to provide any chat transcripts, phone bills, whatsapp chat etc. They asked for Wedding certificates which along with it I additionally added the photographs too.

However, I can't find any such requirement anywhere on UKBA site. I have the right to appeal but is that to be considered my mistake? As those were not in the requirement then how would I be aware of providing them?

What should I do next? Appeal(which I guess can't provide additional documents for chats, phone bills etc) or to go with fresh application with reference of the refusal and providing the additional documents too.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Sameer Sheikh

shahid78

Post by shahid78 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:47 pm

SameerSheikh wrote:Hi All

I applied my wife's Tier 1 General Dependant Visa on 30th Dec 2013 from Pakistan. Today (23rd Jan 2014), we got the refusal stating that there wasn't any proof of contact provided which proves a subsisting relationship. I have followed the policy guidance and that NO WHERE asks us to provide any chat transcripts, phone bills, whatsapp chat etc. They asked for Wedding certificates which along with it I additionally added the photographs too.

However, I can't find any such requirement anywhere on UKBA site. I have the right to appeal but is that to be considered my mistake? As those were not in the requirement then how would I be aware of providing them?

What should I do next? Appeal(which I guess can't provide additional documents for chats, phone bills etc) or to go with fresh application with reference of the refusal and providing the additional documents too.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Sameer Sheikh

Hi Can y anybody let me know how can i track VIsa for my dependent, is there any website , i tried to check on https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passportt ... =&ErrMsg=1 and giving correct reference number which is in the for of PAK ...... AT, i m not putting any space in between them, but it does not make any difference, i also gave 'GWF' reference but still it does not give any response but keeps on telling 'Invalid Search' can any body guide plz.
Thanks

taurus_na

Post by taurus_na » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Now you can't check your application status
Online.
Visa application center will update you through SMS.