ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

jimmymcad wrote:My understanding is, they will consider minimum critera to qualify not the salary level.

For example. If I got my visa extended under the salary band 35+ though my requirement was only 30K. I will be able to qualify next time, if my income falls under the band 30, as long as i am qualifying and the getting 75 points. The wierd part is we may lose our age point at that time and need bit more points in salary or degree area to get 75 points.

Open to more suggestions....
Good point,
During my initial HSMP application in 2007 I got 20 points for age and same 20 points during extension on Tier 1 in 2009, I want to assume we will still be able to claim points for the Age bracket as the last time we extended the permission to remain....havent really digested the whole pdf...but will get on it now.....

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm

i think we are now making sense. regardless of how many extra points you score over the minimum salary threshold are useless (good for you, more the merrier) but they only need minimum.

I doubt they will have a record of every single person on hsmp, tier1 of how many points they scored on initial, extension applications and later ones.

hope this helps.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

wf wrote:
faisalliaqat wrote:They have not said it clearly that the salary criteria for extensions will be the same, have they? Need to score 95 points but with existing salary criteria is not the same as having same rules as initial applications.
You and others are going to worry yourself into an early grave at this rate.

I thought the release of this statement would finally put an end to the panic and hystieria that has been present on these boards for the last couple of months.

Unfortunately that is not the case as can be evidenced by most of the posts in this thread, with people almost desperate to find even the slightest angle which they can miscontrue as some way they will be disadvantaged.
and what is wrong in that? when a visa can be rejected for trivial reasons like one bank statement was not on bank stationary or two evidences had 5 penny difference, people would naturally be worried about every angle? Is not it a safe option not to visit the thread if you have nothing to know/discuss rather than taking a dig at genuinely worried people?

jetnet22
Newly Registered

Post by jetnet22 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks for that, that's fine. Image

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 am

Until such time that the government issues a statement of change in the parliament or announces the exact details of changes in the immigration rules and issues a revised policy guidance, any statement made in the said document is subject to individual interpretation!

Like the one I made (perhaps in haste, if I retrospect) that's been discussed / refuted widely, and quite rightly so. I hope and wish my interpretation to be inaccurate, but this will not be known for sure for some time more.

So, in my humble opinion, being a bit more patient and waiting until such details are made public may be a wise thing to do. Details of any changes to be implemented from 06-Apr will have to made public beforehand, so not long to wait for ... and everything will be crystal clear then.

IMHO ....

regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:39 am

i will agree to what Sushmehta has said

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am

i think there should be no confusion abt points,
since we have a mail from richard jackson itself ,which is very clear.
people applied before july19th 2010 for tier1 the points required were 95 i.e 75+20.
but for applicants who applied after july19th 2010 it is 100 i.e 80+20.
so for extension we need to score the points as in our initial application.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Just had a reply back from UKBa.

Please be advised that from April 2011:

There will be a new criminality threshold, requiring all applicants applying for settlement to be clear of unspent convictions.

Skilled and highly skilled migrants will need to meet the income criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

Skilled and highly skilled migrants will be required to pass the 'Life in the UK' test prior to gaining settlement.

Please note however that Immigration Rules are subject to change so you are advised the visit the UK Border Agency website at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk for further information and guidance nearer to the time of application.

clearly states that migrants will have to meet the requirements of their last leave so for me I will have to meet requirements for my extension for my ILR and for those who will want their extension will need to meet requirements which were in place when they had their initial application.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 pm

I had said same thing on first page and now we are on 7th or may be 8th page. I hope this discussion does not go on and on for another 5-6 pages.

Cheers!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 pm

LoL :D

No doubt Home office thinks "Highly Skilled" visa holders are after all not so "Highly Skilled".

No offence, this is just to make you guys smile :)

kavita1
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by kavita1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Helo,

How early can i apply for extension as I will loose age points, can i apply 2 yrs early.

thanks

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Clarification from Richard Jackson

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm

manojk005 wrote:
wf wrote:
pullikanti wrote: Hi,
Can anyone give me email address of Richard. I wanted to write few questions regarding my visa extension and ILR.

Thank you.
This guy must really be regretting the inclusion of his email on that press release, and the resulting deluge of emails.

He is obviously quite high up at a level not usually contactable by the public, but at this rate it can't be long before he ceases to respond to these emails.
Yes especially if so called few highly skilled person start asking obvious questions for which answers are very clear cut and available on UKBA website. After seeing type of questions few people ask here, no wonder he will suggest to put additional checks on Tier 1(G) extensions for those. He should start this by collecting data from those people and invite them for further interview at the time of extension.

Few of responses and interpretations are amazing and I started scratching my head in disbelief.
You are 1000% right...some of these post is an absolute..... :shock:

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Re: Hello

Post by jimmymcad » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 am

kavita1 wrote:Helo,

How early can i apply for extension as I will loose age points, can i apply 2 yrs early.

thanks
Keeping in mind, they grant you extension from the date of approval then
what is the point of applying 2 years early, when they give you only 2 years visa?.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 am

What will the be scenario in our case?

Initial HSMP application acknowledgent date September 2006.
Visa Issued March 2010 ( HSMP Visa for three years)
Landed in UK May 29 2010

Visal Expiry in March 2013.

Can some plz comment on our situation?

Regards

Tehmina

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 pm

tehminamazher wrote:What will the be scenario in our case?

Initial HSMP application acknowledgent date September 2006.
Visa Issued March 2010 ( HSMP Visa for three years)
Landed in UK May 29 2010

Visal Expiry in March 2013.

Can some plz comment on our situation?

Regards

Tehmina
So if you applied for HSMP pre Nov 2006, how come you were granted in March 2010, more than 3 years after??
surely if you applied before Nov 2006 you should be covered under HSMP JR?

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 am

So if you applied for HSMP pre Nov 2006, how come you were granted in March 2010, more than 3 years after??
surely if you applied before Nov 2006 you should be covered under HSMP JR?
My husband applied for HSMP pre Nov 2006, application refused,gone for review, won , applied EC, refused, appealed, won the appeal and issued HSMP ( not Tier 1) visa in Mar 10 for three years ending Mar 2013, Landed in UK in May 2010

bash
BANNED

doubt mr.mehta

Post by bash » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 am

hey sushmehta
i just went through the entire statement of content.so once it goes under discussion with the parliament members,will there be any changes regarding tier-1 extensions??SHOULD the tier-1 people relax or still be worried about our extension fate??plzz clarify.

psw2009
Member of Standing

psw to tier1

Post by psw2009 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 am

Hi

Is there any possibility that tier 1 general will remain open for those students who got PSW visa before April-2011

Thanks
Tanveer

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: psw to tier1

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:23 am

psw2009 wrote:Hi

Is there any possibility that tier 1 general will remain open for those students who got PSW visa before April-2011

Thanks
Tanveer
I am afraid not at the moment. things might change in future but who knows. sorry for the bearer of bad news.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I don't think everyone will automatically qualify. Let's say you got work permit with 100 points initially. Came to UK. At the time of extension, if the applicant do not have decent salary, you will not have enough points to qualify (no matter how much the salary was when you initially applied for Tier 1). This is to make sure people coming in Tier 1 / Tier 2 have decent earning and making sure they are working in skilled/high skilled job.
Hope this make sense.

frankleigh
Newly Registered

Post by frankleigh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:19 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
viki83 wrote:"We will consult later in the year on further
settlement reforms. However, those making
applications for leave to enter or who are already
in the UK and apply to switch into an alternative
route on or after 6 April 2011
should be aware that
the opportunity to apply for settlement and the
requirements for applicants may change. Applicants
will need to meet the rules in place at the time of
their application for settlement."

Does this mean requirement for settlement will only change in future for those who switch into some category after Aprill 2011? I assume they mean there won't be huge changes for those who already have a leave pre April 2011? Can experts shed light on this issue please?
@Viki83
It means that people applying for leave to enter or switching into alternative route from 6 April 2011 for them the rule for settlement will be different...

Sorry to play devil's advocate - but when I read this it sounds like any settlement rules they change will affect all visa holders, regardless of when they applied to what scheme, with the possible exception of HSMP, which is slightly more special as it includes in the form a commitment to stay in the UK? Has anyone double-confirmed that changes to settlement rules will not affect Tier 1 (General) visa holders that apply prior to April 2011?

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 pm

now this is tricky

pyke

Post by pyke » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Until such time that the government issues a statement of change in the parliament or announces the exact details of changes in the immigration rules and issues a revised policy guidance, any statement made in the said document is subject to individual interpretation!

So, in my humble opinion, being a bit more patient and waiting until such details are made public may be a wise thing to do. Details of any changes to be implemented from 06-Apr will have to made public beforehand, so not long to wait for ... and everything will be crystal clear then.
regards
It's getting close but no announcements have been made yet. Out of curiosity, when does Parliament convene? They don't have to go through Parliament though, do they?

cpq.diya
Newly Registered

Post by cpq.diya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I had 100 points but require were 95, i got my visa from 2june 2010..how many points would i require now??/would it be 100 or 95??

I am confused as the requirement was 95 but bcoz of my earning i came in bracked of 100 at that point??/can you please suggest as right now m falling in the bracket of 95::(( really worried about itt

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:39 pm

relax,u need to show 95 points,even if u scored 100 points.ur minimum requirement will be 95.