ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment in cash

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1gnrl

Payment in cash

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 am

Hi I work as a freelance consultant since 6 months.
I am having a query, 1 of my client have paid me 1st installment in cash and the rest of the amount once the work was over then by cheque i have the agreement and invoice raised, invoice received and paid documents with a stamp and a sign but the cash given of 1st installment is not in my account as I did not put the money in the account.

Other payments from clients have either been by bank transfer (NEFT) or cheque. There is just this one payment that is via cash and I have not deposited the amount into my account.

Just wondering if I can show my invoice, letter from accountant stating gross and net, but not the bank statement just for that one transaction?

Will that be a worry?

handsomeishere

Re: Payment in cash

Post by handsomeishere » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:12 am

tier1gnrl wrote:Hi I work as a freelance consultant since 6 months.
I am having a query, 1 of my client have paid me 1st installment in cash and the rest of the amount once the work was over then by cheque i have the agreement and invoice raised, invoice received and paid documents with a stamp and a sign but the cash given of 1st installment is not in my account as I did not put the money in the account.

Other payments from clients have either been by bank transfer (NEFT) or cheque. There is just this one payment that is via cash and I have not deposited the amount into my account.

Just wondering if I can show my invoice, letter from accountant stating gross and net, but not the bank statement just for that one transaction?

Will that be a worry?
what ever you cliam as your income , you need to show that it went(deposited) in to bank account, its my personal experience,

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:00 am

Thank you for your reply.

I took a cheque payment instead as I do not want to complicate things for anyone and want to keep it just simple.

Many Thanks.