ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UTR & Class 2 NI Contribution

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mskhan

UTR & Class 2 NI Contribution

Post by mskhan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:05 pm

According to the guidance.....

"140 If the applicant is claiming earnings from self employment in the UK, he/she must provide evidence that he/she was paying Class 2 National Insurance contributions during the period/s of self-employment used to claim points."

I registered with HMRC in the start of March in back dates from December. I have received the welcome letter with the UTR. I didn't get any Class 2 NI information from HMRC.

I checked the guidelines but I am not sure if I have to show Class 2 NI or just the welcome letter with UTR be fine.

Cheers

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 pm

You must show this bill otherwise your application would be refused....

The reason you may have not got it because you may have indicated your annual profits below £5000. And this question is asked at the time of registration. Call HMRC and get this sorted out.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 am

Have a look at this HMRC webpage, and in particular read the section headed "Update: changes to Class 2 National Insurance payment dates".

I realise that we are not yet in April but it is possible your first bill, if you get a bill at all, will be for payment in July.
John

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you for the reply.

But how can I show NI contribution now to claim earning as mentioned in the guidance.

Also in the guidance it states that if you are recently registered with HMRC only welcome letter and UTR is enough.

Am I right?

handsomeishere

Post by handsomeishere » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 pm

mskhan wrote:Thank you for the reply.

But how can I show NI contribution now to claim earning as mentioned in the guidance.

Also in the guidance it states that if you are recently registered with HMRC only welcome letter and UTR is enough.

Am I right?
when i was applyin for my tier 1 bck in january, my accountant told me to 'submitt the NI contribution bills, as the letter doesn't show that you have paid the NI contributions, and you are given points for self employment only if you could give them evidence that you have paid NI,' its my own experience and wat my acountant told me hope it helps , gud luck