ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistakes on application form for tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khaleeque

Mistakes on application form for tier 1

Post by khaleeque » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted my case through solicitor i dont know why when my case was straight forward but my friend said to send your application through this solicitor. He filled in my application form. He just asked me to sign where required.

Now my question is when i signed i didnt put the dates next to it. And i think he send the application in the same manner without putting the dates. Although he is saying that he double checked the form before sending. Will they return my application form as invalid and if they do can i appeal or go for judicial review as i still have leave to remain in uk. Very worried in this matter.

Please reply

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Khaleeque,

Are you serious? Do not be stressed about something like that. People have got their applications approved with worse omissions.

As long as all your docs are in order, your application will be approved.

Relax and enjoy some of the sunshine and don't always think in a negative way. Although H.O case workers follow strict rules, they are human beings just like us.

khaleeque

Post by khaleeque » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I am only worried becuase i appled on 4th of april and still they havent deducted payment from my account. I hope they got loads of applications or something else but i am worried.,

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:20 pm

khaleeque,

I also applied on 01 st April and awaiting for fee to be deducted. I had applied via consultant as I am not very confident. Pl share your timelines in the relavent topic so that we can share the happiness/pain :)

khaleeque

Post by khaleeque » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 pm

still no sign of payment in my account. I am very worried because i dont have any option although i applied through a very high profile consultant but the lesson i learned from my experience is to apply yourself so that you double check everything and its a normal routine for them and they really dont care. thats my experience. But hoping for the best. Lets see. Thanks for your prompt reply. I am very worried for payment and mistakes on the application.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

You guys shouldn't be worried. Some people's payment takes like 2 - 3 weeks to get deducted.
In terms of using a consultant, some of them give very good advice, but others are in it just for the money.
You could have probably asked to go through the form before it was submitted as it is your right, but rest assured that if it is only the date that was omitted, your application will still be approved.

If you keep worrying now, your worrying won't change anything as your documents are already there, so stay positive

ti_abbasi2002

Tier1(General)

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 am

I applied on 1st April and my money has been debited on 12th april. Mode of payment was visa debit

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks Abbasi....That was a good sign.. I am hearing you as the first person to say that payment debited when someone applied starting april.. So far I could see only the applications submitted till 31st March were being Processed. Is your category switching from Tier 2 to Tier1? Pl keep your timelines posted in the Tier 1 Initial Visa timelines section so that it would be useful for 100's of person like me who applied in April. Hoping to get my money deducted soon for process to be initiated

Khaleeque, you are 100% right in saying that we wasted our money in consultants. My consultant never bothers to respond properly.....we could have done a better job!!!

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 am

norealidpls wrote:Thanks Abbasi....That was a good sign.. I am hearing you as the first person to say that payment debited when someone applied starting april.. So far I could see only the applications submitted till 31st March were being Processed. Is your category switching from Tier 2 to Tier1? Pl keep your timelines posted in the Tier 1 Initial Visa timelines section so that it would be useful for 100's of person like me who applied in April. Hoping to get my money deducted soon for process to be initiated

Khaleeque, you are 100% right in saying that we wasted our money in consultants. My consultant never bothers to respond properly.....we could have done a better job!!!
I am switching from PSW to Tier1(General). I have also posted timelines in relevant section. As for as Kaleeque ur case is concerned, I have also applied through Consultant and same experience like u but I urged my consultant for checking my documents before sending to HO and I checked my documents one by one and then asked for photocopy of all documents because this is ur right.

khaleeque

Post by khaleeque » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks Abbassi for your prompt reply. My money hasnt been deducted and i applied on 4th application recieved on 5th Shud i call them or wait.

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:19 pm

khaleeque wrote:Thanks Abbassi for your prompt reply. My money hasnt been deducted and i applied on 4th application recieved on 5th Shud i call them or wait.
You should wait rather than call because it is too early. Don't worry InshaAllah everything will be fine soon but u need to be patience.

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Khaleeque,

I see that my available bank balance indicates that 850 GBP deducted. But it is not yet reflected in my actual balance . What appears to me is that HO has debited the money but it would get reflected by tonight. Once I see in my statement, I will post the timeline in the relavent sticky post.

khaleeque

Post by khaleeque » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:56 pm

thats a good sign that they have taken the money and i am sure you will see it on your statement tonight or tomo. I applied on 4th and still no sign of payment. bit worried but hoping for the best. With the passage of time i start getting worried about other things. But hoping for the best. Keep me updated please.

THANKS

viper555
Newly Registered

Post by viper555 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 pm

I've also applied on the 4th April (Tier 1 extension, reached home office on the 5th). Till today, the money hasn't been deducted. I believe its because of the rush of applications HO might have received before April 6th fee increase. I will update once they have deducted the money. Meanwhile, let me know if you are in a similar boat.

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:21 pm

I called up the HSBC bank to see what had happened. I have been told that as per the process, a valid request had come in from HO to block the 850£ and the bank had done that. As and when the HO decides to debit the amount, it would be reflected in the actual balance.

My worry is the entire process should get over by Jun 10th and i should get my passport/brp back as my tenure ends by tat time

X-rader
Newly Registered

Post by X-rader » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 pm

I too have submitted my file on the 2nd of April which reached the HO on 4th and money has still not been deducted from my credit card. I Guess It will take a few more days. Please keep each other posted when money shall get deducted.

saq427

Post by saq427 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:36 am

Hi,

I've sent my application on 1st April, amount deducted on 8th April payment mode was credit card, recieved acknowledgement letter 14th april, which is dated with 8th April.....

Regards,

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Its been two weeks since I have posted...didnt see any happenings.. are u switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1?

sarangan0072000
Newly Registered

Post by sarangan0072000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 pm

I applied on 1st of April the Friday, it reached them on 4th of April Monday. Today I got my acknowledgement letter dated 8/4/2011. waiting for my Biometric letter....

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Sarangan,

HO blocked/debited your amount? If so, can you let me know the date please

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Post application processing timelines in the relevant sticky topics - topics created for the very purpose of sharing such information.

Likewise, if looking for related information on intermediary milestones, browse the sticky topics.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!