ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 general extention Rejection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mexsy
Newly Registered

tier 1 general extention Rejection

Post by mexsy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 pm

hello,

I was on tier 1 general visa which was expired on 4th June 2011. I have applied for an extention at the end of April 2011. The visa fee was deducted from my bank account and I recieved an acknowledgement letter dated 10th May 2011.

Now today i got a letter from UKBA that they had credited my visa fee into my bank account. Therefore i called HO and asked them whether my application had been refused but they said it had not been refused but REJECTED thats why we have credited your money into your bank account. They also informed me that they had posted my application back to me and would recieved it soon.

Can someone please tell me what that means?
Whats the difference between REJECTION and REFUSAL?
And am I still able to reapply for the visa extention?
Or it will be an appeal against that rejection?

Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

very strange. what is the reason for REJECTION (not willing to accept your application). elaborate

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks for your reply.
i dont know yet because i didnt received the letter yet. What they told me today that they had sent me a letter which i would receive it soon and that letter would explain the reason of rejection.

Do you have any idea that what cause this rejection? One of my friend was saying that may be HO sent a letter for my biometric detail which may be I didnt receive it. So may be that cause this rejection...

What do you think?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 pm

The application may have been declared as 'invalid' for some reason.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

thanks for your reply.

To be honest before making my T1 Extention application I followed the latest guidelines and immigrationboard.com thoroughly. Gathered the latest information and then complete my application. As my extention application came in that Transitional Arragement because i made my initial application of HSMP before april 2008, therefore most of the points were covered by my HSMP approval letter. Only in my previous income points, i had attached accountant letter, work invoices, bank statements for self employment and payslips, bank statements for salarised employment. I had attached all those supporting doccuments which were mentioned in GuideLine of April 2011 version.

Now i am facing this rejection which is to me too unfair and unreasonable.
I am totally down since i have heard this news.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Yes, I think the same that application may have been declared invalid (may be coz of invalid photos or incomplete application form etc)

Let us know whatever you get in the post tomorrow.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks Rizwan567;

I am just waiting for that letter. They said they had posted it on 14th June but i didnt recieve it yet. Even they gave me a royal mail tracking numbr but there is no imformation available yet on royal mail website. Just confused and stressed alot. Like i am in the middle of no where.

GM_27
Newly Registered

Post by GM_27 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 am

Did you receive the Biometric appointment letter?
They might have rejected because you didn't book the appointment

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 am

thanks for your reply,

Actually i didnt receive biometric appointment letter and thats what one of my friend was saying that might be I didnt recieve that letter. Do you think it may be the reason?

Tier1Contractor
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Contractor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 am

I have similar circumstances like yours (self employment and transitional HSMP) and have already applied. I am waiting anxiously for your next post about your case.

In my case UKBA haven't deducted my application fee even after 15 days of receiving the application. So I am starting to worry and have my fingers crossed.

I followed the guidelines to the dot. Also did extensive research on this board, specially going through the sticky posts. But you never know if any mistake has crept in the application until its too late or if the UKBA has changed caseworking rules without us knowing.

GM_27
Newly Registered

Post by GM_27 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 am

Going by the timelines available in the forum biometric letter should be received with in one week of acknowledgement letter.

Is there any chance that you have missed this letter?

I pray to the god that case worker made some mistake and you get the chance to appeal.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am

Thanks for helpful reply my dear friend. your reply gave me alot of encouragement. To be honest I didnt miss any letter. Even if i am not at home, my wife always there. She usually check it properly and never miss any letter so far.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 am

mexsy wrote:Thanks for helpful reply my dear friend. your reply gave me alot of encouragement. To be honest I didnt miss any letter. Even if i am not at home, my wife always there. She usually check it properly and never miss any letter so far.
Hi, so far I am concerned application doesn't get rejected for any missing paper. it usually gets rejected because of silly mistake such as Invalid photo, or say you didn't tick one of those yes no question such as " you have terrorism record.." etc or didn't sign or date or say there is issue with biometric.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 am

nionlight wrote:
mexsy wrote:Thanks for helpful reply my dear friend. your reply gave me alot of encouragement. To be honest I didnt miss any letter. Even if i am not at home, my wife always there. She usually check it properly and never miss any letter so far.
Hi, so far I am concerned application doesn't get rejected for any missing paper. it usually gets rejected because of silly mistake such as Invalid photo, or say you didn't tick one of those yes no question such as " you have terrorism record.." etc or didn't sign or date or say there is issue with biometric.
Thanks for your reply. I just gone through every page of my application photo copy but i couldnt find any single mistake which you have mentioned here. The more i am thinking the more i get confused and stressed.

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 am

You mention simultaneously that this was an extension application and that it was covered by transitional arrangements. Is it possible that you submitted payment for the reduced fee (for those with an HSMP approval letter who had not yet obtained the associated visa) rather than the full fee (which would apply to those who had already had either an HSMP or Tier 1 visa, and were extending that visa) ?
mexsy wrote:I was on tier 1 general visa which was expired on 4th June 2011. I have applied for an extention at the end of April 2011.
mexsy wrote:As my extention application came in that Transitional Arragement because i made my initial application of HSMP before april 2008, therefore most of the points were covered by my HSMP approval letter.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 am

mexsy wrote:
nionlight wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I just gone through every page of my application photo copy but i couldnt find any single mistake which you have mentioned here. The more i am thinking the more i get confused and stressed.
Ok just wait for the package then. you mentioned, you couldn't track it through online. try calling royal mail. I know how hard it is to wait for something like this. Try the following numbers and call them and ask them about your tracking number given by HO. 01752 387112 or 01752 387116

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:54 pm

deleting my previous post

My friend dont worry, I am sure it could be either the fotographs or something else with the form but not your proofs or anything else.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks for all of you. I am still waiting for my application. didnt receive it yet. Can someone know any direct email address/ telephone number/ fax number of Tier 1 (General) office? i really need these..

regards

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:41 pm

mexsy wrote:Thanks for all of you. I am still waiting for my application. didnt receive it yet. Can someone know any direct email address/ telephone number/ fax number of Tier 1 (General) office? i really need these..

regards
Hi, you said you were given tracking number? did you call the number I provided for royal mail? I think you should call them first thing tomorrow morning..

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks alot;

I have called them on friday and saturday last week but their reply was the same as its online status. I will call them on monday as well and will wait for about two more days. Then i will inform HO about the situation. Therefore my dear friends if anyone know any direct email address or Telephone/ Fax No of Tier 1 general Team please forward it to me, i will be more than thankful.

Regards

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:36 pm

mexsy wrote:Thanks alot;

I have called them on friday and saturday last week but their reply was the same as its online status. I will call them on monday as well and will wait for about two more days. Then i will inform HO about the situation. Therefore my dear friends if anyone know any direct email address or Telephone/ Fax No of Tier 1 general Team please forward it to me, i will be more than thankful.

Regards
any relevant post today? all you need now is a postal strike.....
Keep it simple!

Tier1Contractor
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Contractor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey did you send them the visa fees by cheque? And have you forgotten to sign the cheque? Sometimes the banks honour a cheque without checking signatures and then dishonours them after a while when they find some discrepancy.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 am

Thanks all of you and sorry to bother you guys again. I received the letter from HO yesterday and that said that I paid the wrong fees for my Tier 1 extension. As I mentioned before that I come under transitional arrangements and as far as my research and understanding to the Tier 1 guidance is concern that I had to pay the reduce fee which £500 for my application and £250 for my wife application. But the letter is saying that I have to pay the full amount which is £1000 for me and £500 for my wife application.

I applied for HSMP initial application on 22nd April 2007. My that application was refused and went on appeal against HO decision. My appeal was upheld and I was awarded HSPM approval letter on 4th March 2008 .

Can someone please guide me in this matter and tell how much I will pay for my Tier1 general extension? Can I come under transitional arrangements?

Regards

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am

The fees that you should pay are the standard £1000 + £500 for yourself and your dependant respectively. See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... eral/cost/#

The transitional arrangements applied to you in 2008 when you used your HSMP approval letter to obtain a first grant of leave under Tier 1 for 3 years. Your current application is to extend that leave, not to obtain that first grant of leave, and thus does not fall under the transitional arrangements at all.

I suspect the more pressing problem is that your leave has now expired, and that you cannot resubmit an in-time application in the usual way. Perhaps there is a way to resubmit your extension application, this time with the full fees, and request that they treat it as if it were in-time ? After all, you presumably would have done, had they not taken a month and a half to return the extension application as effectively not valid.

mexsy
Newly Registered

Post by mexsy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 am

Thank alot...