ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa extension after 5 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cprav
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa extension after 5 years

Post by cprav » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 am

Hi All,

Can any one have an idea about extention of tier 1 visa after 5 years (Except ILR), If I dont want to apply for ILR, Is there any chance that I can exetend visa??

Thank you for all of your help.

tier1_applicant

Re: Tier 1 visa extension after 5 years

Post by tier1_applicant » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:29 am

cprav wrote:Hi All,

Can any one have an idea about extention of tier 1 visa after 5 years (Except ILR), If I dont want to apply for ILR, Is there any chance that I can exetend visa??

Thank you for all of your help.
As on date you can extend

rahul8055
Newly Registered

Post by rahul8055 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 pm

My below question lead to same question as you askked.
I received my Tier 1 on 22/Aug/2008 for 3 years (up to 22-Aug-2011). I am due to apply for my extension.

I got married last year, so my wife got PBS dependant on 21/June/2010 up to 20-Dec-2011(I am confused why home office issue her visa up to 20-Dec-11 and not up to 22-Aug-11).

1) My query is should we both(Main applicant + Dependant) apply for extension now as my(Main applicant) visa is expiring?

Or Should I apply for extension now and my wife can apply for extension later in December?

This is very important for me because after December 2011, I will be qualified to apply for ILR