ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Tier 1 (General) extension

Post by asal » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi,

When I use online age calculator calculates as 31 years 11 months.How ukba would consider is that 32yrs or 31yrs?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:56 pm

If one's actual age is 31 years 11 months (forget about depending on a software to calculate your own age), one will still be 31 until the day of his 32nd birthday!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 am

sushdmehta,really annoying thing is you lock the post and direct to the link which is irrelevant to the question I asked.

If you are not happy to answer atleast let other provide me feedback.

For diffrent types of questions I create different thread why do you want to club everything together

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:06 am

asal wrote:For diffrent types of questions I create different thread why do you want to club everything together
Why? Not only is it difficult for you to keep track of all of the information about your individual application, it makes it's very difficult for members to comment in a meaningful and helpful way. It's better that readers see everything related to your circumstances, what you have asked, what you already know, what you have not yet been told. I would request that moderators continue to merge threads from the same person if they relate to the same application.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 am

The moderators appreciate that bb users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single topic (or related grouping e.g. naturalisation) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unecessarily.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification. I welcome your comments on this matter on the forum or via pm as applicable.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kayalami (for and on behalf of the moderators)
You may be interested in reading this as well. I found this from the "Announcements" section where they explain the sort of etiquette for this forum. I must also mention that (in addition to what Lucapooka said above) I found one of your posts regarding Tier 1 (General) (entitled Forgot Initial Application Date) in the "Employment Offers and Job Seekers" section where many people with helpful Tier 1 (General) information are not likely to look immediately.

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi ScopeD,

I agree with you.It was mistake I posted in wrong place.I apologize for that.

I'm worried only the way sushmetha handles the threads.I can see mostly
"Please continue with previous topic" from sushmetha rather than a valuable information.

We with lack of information use this site as a helpful tool but moderators like this should change their attitude.If not ready to help atleast allow others to help

thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 pm

And after the request to continue in you're previous topic you instead tryto take on a moderator on the way they keep order around here. Obviously you are not looking for an answer because not only was your other post in completely the wrong topic (and will be missed by most), but you still haven't posted your correct question here.

Using this site as a "helpful tool", you have already been given at least one helpful answer from sushdmehta and instead of thanking him, you criticize his attempt at keeping the sure useful and helpful by keeping clutter to a minimum.

After all this moaning you could've had the answer
to your question if a) you followed the rules in the first place and b) followed the rules after you were told how to make the most effective use of this forum.