ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krishna1215

Tier-1 Extension

Post by krishna1215 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Experts,
I have a tier-1 visa. Earlier had worked in UK for 4 months and back to india due to family circumstances.
I have planned to get back in MARCH on job.

For extension, the rule what i know is that we got to show funds for the past one year (the funds we showed when securing tier-1).

I heard someone saying that for extension the candidate needs to stay in UK for the past 1 year and it doesnot matter with the funds. Is this true??

My plan was to work from March 2012 to Jan 2013 (My tier-1 expiry date) and show that I have earned enough amount to keep up the points.

Please clarify. It would be greatly appreciated.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 Extension

Post by ScopeD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

For extension, the rule what i know is that we got to show funds for the past one year (the funds we showed when securing tier-1).
Where is this rule from? The rule that I know of requires proof that £800 was maintained for 3 months immediately before application - I'm interested in hearing where the one year is mentioned in the tier 1 general guidance policy.
I heard someone saying that for extension the candidate needs to stay in UK for the past 1 year and it doesnot matter with the funds. Is this true??
Again, where is it mentioned as such in the guidance policy? It doesn't really matter what people say, ultimately it boils down to what is mentioned in the UKBA rules.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 pm

My plan was to work from March 2012 to Jan 2013 (My tier-1 expiry date) and show that I have earned enough amount to keep up the points.
Yup, that's all you need to do. Doesn't matter what you do in the months before your evidence period.