ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance - Help on Guidance notes interpretation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npanglia

Maintenance - Help on Guidance notes interpretation

Post by npanglia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi,

As I will be applying for the extension of my Tier 1visa along with my dependent, hope somebody could help me clarify the below.
On maintenance, guidance document suggests that in case you are in UK for more than 12 months, you would need 800 (+ 533 for dependent) within your account.

Query - How is 12 month period interpreted? i.e Although I came to UK in 2010, in the last 12 months, I have been on vacation outside UK on couple of occasions (Total 3 weeks outside UK). Is 12 months interpreted from earning perspective OR physical presence perspective?

(I am concious it might sound like a silly question to some, But I guess in case of visas its better to sound stupid than assuming things.)

kiran2009
Newly Registered

Post by kiran2009 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

There is no 12 months rule for maintenance funds. You should have funds for 90 days before applying.

Seniors, correct me if I am wrong.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm

I agree with that the amount needs to be maintained for 90 days, however my query was around the actual amount that needs to be maintained.