ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ARESSREE9
Newly Registered

Query on Tier 1 Extension

Post by ARESSREE9 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Hello All,

I have a question on Tier 1 extension (previous earnings & early extension).

1. My question is for Tier 1 extension, do I need to show the earnings as I got at the time of initial application (or) is it enough if I show earnings where I just qualify and which are lower than the initial application ?

I got my initial Tier 1 in Jan,2011 from overseas with 80 points qualifying criteria. At that time I showed my earnings as GBP 68,000 and got qualified. And now for extension if I show my earnings as GDP 50,000 I do qualify as per points calculator.

2. Since my Tier 1 expiry is due in Jan,2013 can I go for extension in Feb/Mar 2012. If yes then do I need to show some reasons for early extension? as I plan to go for fast track premium service.

Thanks.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Query on Tier 1 Extension

Post by pgaitonde » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm

ARESSREE9 wrote:Hello All,

I have a question on Tier 1 extension (previous earnings & early extension).

1. My question is for Tier 1 extension, do I need to show the earnings as I got at the time of initial application (or) is it enough if I show earnings where I just qualify and which are lower than the initial application ?

I got my initial Tier 1 in Jan,2011 from overseas with 80 points qualifying criteria. At that time I showed my earnings as GBP 68,000 and got qualified. And now for extension if I show my earnings as GDP 50,000 I do qualify as per points calculator.
Yes you can show 50k during your extension.

2. Since my Tier 1 expiry is due in Jan,2013 can I go for extension in Feb/Mar 2012. If yes then do I need to show some reasons for early extension? as I plan to go for fast track premium service.
Y do you want to go for such an early extension. People have applied for their extension 6 months prior to their expiry but you are applying almost 9 to 10 months in advance, for which it will totally depend upon the caseworker who handles your case, in terms of giving you the visa or not. Also remember that if you dont have 5 years before your ILR, you need to go for one more extension

Thanks.

ARESSREE9
Newly Registered

Re Query on Teir 1 extension

Post by ARESSREE9 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for your reply. The reason for me going for an early extension is that I came to UK just in Jan,2012 and I am still searching for job. So I am not sure If I can find the job in UK which will suffice my earnings criteria to qualify in Dec,2012.
Also to qualify for ILR I have to go for second extension which is evident.

So my idea is to go for early extension with overseas earnings till they satisfy my earnings criteria in points calculator.
The last date which satisfy my overseas earnings of GBP 50,000 is end of May,2012 without any UK earnings.

Does it make any difference in going for early extension now in Feb/Mar 2012 than in May,2012 or should I wait till May,2012 which is 6-7 months before my actual expiry due date?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Re Query on Teir 1 extension

Post by pgaitonde » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

ARESSREE9 wrote:Thanks for your reply. The reason for me going for an early extension is that I came to UK just in Jan,2012 and I am still searching for job. So I am not sure If I can find the job in UK which will suffice my earnings criteria to qualify in Dec,2012.
Also to qualify for ILR I have to go for second extension which is evident.

So my idea is to go for early extension with overseas earnings till they satisfy my earnings criteria in points calculator.
The last date which satisfy my overseas earnings of GBP 50,000 is end of May,2012 without any UK earnings.

Does it make any difference in going for early extension now in Feb/Mar 2012 than in May,2012 or should I wait till May,2012 which is 6-7 months before my actual expiry due date?
I think you should wait until end of April or May for you to apply and to be in a better position to get it successfully done. I will recommend you call the UKBA and ask them this question