ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-open a closed application

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gseekl

Re-open a closed application

Post by gseekl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi everyone

I submitted an application for federal skilled class about a year ago in London, UK, and was not long after offered a medical test. However, at that time, I happen to have some personal issues in life and was not able to proceed with the application. I was given a few weeks to go for the medical, and after that, my case was closed.

Now, my life situation has changed again, and I would like to proceed with the immigration.

The question is: Is it possible to ask my case to be re-opened? Has anyone has similar experiences?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Re-open a closed application

Post by raymasa2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:46 pm

gseekl wrote:Hi everyone

I submitted an application for federal skilled class about a year ago in London, UK, and was not long after offered a medical test. However, at that time, I happen to have some personal issues in life and was not able to proceed with the application. I was given a few weeks to go for the medical, and after that, my case was closed.

Now, my life situation has changed again, and I would like to proceed with the immigration.

The question is: Is it possible to ask my case to be re-opened? Has anyone has similar experiences?

Have you received a letter from CIC saying they have closed the application? If not, you may want to check with them, to see if its still open.

If it is closed, you would need to submit a new application. But check with CIC first.

If you submit a new application, you would need to meet current requirements. List of eligible occupation was changed in June, so make sure you have experience in one of the current listed eligible occupations.

Ray

gseekl

Post by gseekl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Many thanks.

Yes, I have received a letter to say that my file was closed because I didn't go for the medical.

However, I really hope that CIC can re-open my file, rather than getting me to reapply. The application, as we all know, is really lengthy and complex.

Has anyone has similar experience of asking CIC to reopen a closed file?

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Re: Re-open a closed application

Post by Om Puri » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 pm

gseekl wrote:Hi everyone

How much time CHC gave you for the medical? I mean 2 weeks/ 1 months/ 2 months?

Obalende

Post by Obalende » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi,

You need job offer from Canadian employer to apply under new rules for FSW OR by your occupation being on current list and applying before 1000 cap is met.