ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Misc services.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

OCI Misc services.

Post by gainvidya » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

I got my 9 month old childs OCI document. While filling up the detail her surname got repeated.

It is
Surname: <Surname>
Given Name : <Name> <Surname>

Do I need to get this fixed?
Surname is additionally repeated in the given name. I tried to fill online application for OCI misc service but before proceeding it pop out with the message "It is not mandatory to change OCI documents, However if desired you can apply for Misc Services". Would that mean I just need to fill the form and and do not need to visit my nearest indian embassy?[/quote]

GreatMechEngr
Newly Registered

OCI Misc services - Change of Name

Post by GreatMechEngr » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi

If you need changing any details on OCI, you must fill up the online form and submit to nearest embassy / consulate.

The message is intended for the fact that if you got a new passport, you needn't apply for OCI as you can carry new + old passport + OCI card.

Please clarify further with OCI section. For London, contact:att.oci@hcilondon.in

For OCI Unit - Delhi, contact: shettybn@nic.in

Regards,

HP