ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Indian passport and dependent Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suchi11
Newly Registered

Applying for Indian passport and dependent Visa

Post by suchi11 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi I have tier 1 (General) Visa and my husbands application is under process ( so he doesnt have his passport with him right now).

How do I get Indian passport for my 5 month old baby born in UK and dependent visa on ME only as my husband's application is under process?

Both parents are Indian passport holder and I need to fly to india for emergency.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 am

Hello Suchi

Normally, HCI in london wants both parents original passports to be seen while applying for a child's passport.

As your husband's visa is in under process, carry a photocopy of his passport, UKBA original acknowledgement letter to the HCI london and try applying for your child's passport.

Not sure it would work, but you can try.

Regards...
Santosh

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am

Have you tried getting an update from Home Office about how long the visa will take? You might try requesting it early citing the emergency in a detailed letter.