ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suryavaddi

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by suryavaddi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Dear All,

1) Has anyone applied recently to Indian Passport for new born baby in UK?

2) I would like to apply Indian Passport for recently born baby in UK.

3) And we are holding Tier1 (General) visa.

4) Some one told me that new process has been implemented for new born baby in Indian High Commission, UK.

5) I checked in site and they said first I need to be registered in online to birth registration and certificate.

6) Then I need to apply for passport.

7) But I didn't get the correct procedure to apply

Can you please advise if any one applied recently for Indian Passport to new born baby in UK.

Thanks
Surya

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

Correct, you have to go online and get the baby registered first. Then you need to get all the docs which are listed on the website and go to Indian HC personally to apply for passport

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi,
am about to apply fresh indian passport for my new born baby. Am bit confused with the information provided in the CGI official website.

In the website under fees structure, it has been mentioned that £36 for passport service and £17 for Birth registration for Indian citizenship.

but in the FAQ area, it has been mentioned as £19 for Passport, and £16 for Birth registration(Indian citizenship). Am going to send application by post.
Can anyone please explain me exactly how much fee should be paid for Birth registration and passport service all together. Can I send the single bankers draft combining both birth registration fees and passport service.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:33 am

Gagan1986 wrote:Correct, you have to go online and get the baby registered first. Then you need to get all the docs which are listed on the website and go to Indian HC personally to apply for passport

Thank you very much Gagan.
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am

jagankumar wrote:Hi,
am about to apply fresh indian passport for my new born baby. Am bit confused with the information provided in the CGI official website.

In the website under fees structure, it has been mentioned that £36 for passport service and £17 for Birth registration for Indian citizenship.

but in the FAQ area, it has been mentioned as £19 for Passport, and £16 for Birth registration(Indian citizenship). Am going to send application by post.
Can anyone please explain me exactly how much fee should be paid for Birth registration and passport service all together. Can I send the single bankers draft combining both birth registration fees and passport service.

Hi JaganKumar,

If you read the below links then it will be helpful for you. I am doing the same procedure as given below links .

http://www.hcilondon.in/passport.php - Passport information

Here go to line First Passport for Children born in the UK. Here you can see the passport information and fee as well. Fresh passport for new child (£36).

click the below link for baby registration then you will find the full information.

http://www.hcilondon.in/counslateservice1.php

Here go to Registration of children eligible for Indian nationality

For baby registration fee £34.

I hope this is helpful for you.......
Surya

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Suryavaddi,
thanks for your response. Let me apply with this information.

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

Birth registration & passport of new born baby in London

Post by amolrakheja » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi All

Can you please tell is it this form ''Registration of birth of a minor child at an indian consulate under section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955"" which needs to be completed before applying for baby's passport.

Do we need to scan the signature of both father & mother or just father is fine.

What is the next step one I complete this form online. Do I need a token number when I arrive high commission in London. Is it two different tokens one for birth registration form & another for passport. From where & what time i can get these tokens. Is it possible to get birth registration & passport done in 1 single day or do i need to go twice.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.
Amol

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am

detrix
Newly Registered

My experience - birth registration, Indian passport of baby

Post by detrix » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 pm

My baby was born in UK and both parents being Indian citizens it was time for getting an Indian passport. So here's my experience.

After birth, next day we got his birth registered in UK in the hospital itself. It was fairly straightforward - we filled a form and for GBP 4 we got a copy of his UK birth registration which can be used for getting a passport.

Then came the tougher part - getting his birth registered in Indian High Commission. We had read from internet posts that both birth registration and passport application can be made on the same day. We were WRONG. Birth registration needs to be done first - takes 2 weeks and after getting birth registration it takes another 7 working days for passport.

After filling the online form and attaching EXACTLY 20kb or less size photo and signature (of one parent ONLY) in JPG (can't be jpeg or anything else - ONLY JPG) the form got submitted online. I took printouts of that form, UK birth registration, self-attested copies of both parents passport, marriage certificate and its copies and went to India House in London.

I had heard horrible tales of India house - be in line from 6am and all that. I reached there at 9.10am and was inside in 10 mins on a Monday morning. Not that much rush although my token no. was 29. Inside you go up and there's a small enclosure with some seating and a counter where a sarcastic guy looks at all original documents and takes the forms and photocopies. He did the same with me, took GBP 34 for birth registration and asked me to come after 2 weeks. Collection of documents is from 4pm-5pm - long lines.

After birth registration was ready, next day I applied for passport - it was real hard to get thumb impression of an infant's thumb. Anyways, I took 4 passport size photos - took photo myself and color printed it on photo quality paper 45X35mm ONLY. This time it was more straightforward and cost GBP 38. Got the passport after 7 working days.

I didn't use the prepaid envelopes and went in person since these are important documents, although if you use prepaid envelopes it can save the collection trips.

pshayer
India

Re: My experience - birth registration, Indian passport of b

Post by pshayer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:53 pm

detrix wrote:My baby was born in UK and both parents being Indian citizens it was time for getting an Indian passport. So here's my experience.

After birth, next day we got his birth registered in UK in the hospital itself. It was fairly straightforward - we filled a form and for GBP 4 we got a copy of his UK birth registration which can be used for getting a passport.

Then came the tougher part - getting his birth registered in Indian High Commission. We had read from internet posts that both birth registration and passport application can be made on the same day. We were WRONG. Birth registration needs to be done first - takes 2 weeks and after getting birth registration it takes another 7 working days for passport.

After filling the online form and attaching EXACTLY 20kb or less size photo and signature (of one parent ONLY) in JPG (can't be jpeg or anything else - ONLY JPG) the form got submitted online. I took printouts of that form, UK birth registration, self-attested copies of both parents passport, marriage certificate and its copies and went to India House in London.

I had heard horrible tales of India house - be in line from 6am and all that. I reached there at 9.10am and was inside in 10 mins on a Monday morning. Not that much rush although my token no. was 29. Inside you go up and there's a small enclosure with some seating and a counter where a sarcastic guy looks at all original documents and takes the forms and photocopies. He did the same with me, took GBP 34 for birth registration and asked me to come after 2 weeks. Collection of documents is from 4pm-5pm - long lines.

After birth registration was ready, next day I applied for passport - it was real hard to get thumb impression of an infant's thumb. Anyways, I took 4 passport size photos - took photo myself and color printed it on photo quality paper 45X35mm ONLY. This time it was more straightforward and cost GBP 38. Got the passport after 7 working days.

I didn't use the prepaid envelopes and went in person since these are important documents, although if you use prepaid envelopes it can save the collection trips.
Hi, thanks for the information. Where did you went to get baby's birth registered in Indian High Commission. I was checking on their website and they have provided on 3 addresses (Birmingham, Cardiff and Edinburgh). All are very far from me. DO they accept birth registration applications in London as well.

Ref: http://www.hcilondon.in/other_consulates.html

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 am

Hello.. I am looking to apply for birth registration and passport for my new born from Birmingham consulate and still confused with process. If anyone can help me with following queries will be really great.

1. How many copy of application form, passport I need for application? 1 or triplicate?
2. Do I need to self attest these?
3. Can I apply for passport at Birmingham Indian consulate at same time?

4. Can I apply by post?

5. Is there any separate form or letter I need to attach for declaration that baby do not have any other country citizenship or passport?

thanks in advance.

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 am

jain236 wrote:
harry2511 wrote:Hello.. I am looking to apply for birth registration and passport for my new born from Birmingham consulate and still confused with process. If anyone can help me with following queries will be really great.

1. How many copy of application form, passport I need for application? 1 or triplicate?
2. Do I need to self attest these?
3. Can I apply for passport at Birmingham Indian consulate at same time?

4. Can I apply by post?

5. Is there any separate form or letter I need to attach for declaration that baby do not have any other country citizenship or passport?

thanks in advance.
Hi There ,
I have applied for birth reg and birth certificate by post to HCI London and I got the certificate in 2 weeks of time. Initially I was also skeptical about applying by post but fortunately everything went right in my case.

Here is the list of documents I sent
1) Both Parents passport original
2) Marriage certificate original
3) Baby’s birth certificate(UK certificate)
4) 3 Photo copies of all the above mentioned document .
5) 1 print out of the application filled on line which has MHA number.
6) 1 prepaid 1st class special delivery postal cover to get my documents.
7) Crossed Postal order of £34

There is no need to send separate letter for deceleration as there is deceleration form on the back of the application which you take print out. When you send the post please mention as Attn to consular service so that I will go the correct section .
You may ask can we send both reg and passport together, I was under impression that if you are going personally to HCI London then you can apply both at a time. Of course it just take 2 weeks to get the certificate, so I dint not bother to mess with this.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Now I am in the process of applying passport by postal . once I get my passport then will add the more information
Hello Jain. Thanks for reply and information. Meanwhile, I have applied via post for birth registration with
3 copies of online application form,
1 copy of birth certificate
1 copy of both parents passport
1 copy of marriage certificate
and
£17 postal order as mentioned on website.

But I have received my application back with highlighted section of incorrect fee mentioned something like £17 for birth registration and £34 for new passport; £23 for birth registration.

I don't understand which one is correct.

Plus they have also sent me passport application form. Is that means they expect me to forward passport plus birth registration together with another post order of £34 or I need to send postal order of £23.

Or even more confusing now is this £34 as you mentioned in your post.

Do you know anything about this. for information I have sent my form to Birmingham consulate. I read on other post as well in b'ham they process passport and birth registration together. any clue about this?

PADAVALA604
Newly Registered

Regarding Birth Registration

Post by PADAVALA604 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello Harry

You have mentioned that you have posted 3 copies of Online Application for Birth Registration & certification? Does that mean have you pasted one photo on each Online Application and sent 3 copies?

My doubt is do we require 3 photos of 35 * 35 mm dimension for Birth Registration?

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Suneel

PADAVALA604
Newly Registered

Regarding Birth Registration

Post by PADAVALA604 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Hello Harry

You have mentioned that you have posted 3 copies of Online Application for Birth Registration & certification? Does that mean have you pasted one photo on each Online Application and sent 3 copies?

My doubt is do we require 3 photos of 35 * 35 mm dimension for Birth Registration?

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Suneel

rahmatullah

Post by rahmatullah » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi,

I have been today to London office for baby registration and below is what I submitted. The application was successful.

1. Marriage certificate original and one copy signed by me and my wife.
2. Birth certificate (full and summary) original and one copy not signed by me and my wife.
3. My original PP and one copy signed by me.
4. Wife Original PP and one copy signed by my wife.
5. Online application printout with one 35 by 45 size photo with pink background. form singed just by me.
6. Pre-paid envelop was accepted, however those who live locally they expect them to come to embassy and collect it.
7. You need to go upstairs, no one will tell you this, it is secret.
8. I reached there at 10:30 and came out by 12:15.

They said I would get the certificate in 3 weeks time.

Thank you

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Re: Regarding Birth Registration

Post by harry2511 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 pm

PADAVALA604 wrote:Hello Harry

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Suneel
Hello Suneel

When I have sent them last time .. I have sent only one copy of passports, visa and birth certificate. But three copies of online birth registration form.

snowflake007

Post by snowflake007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 am

Hi All,

I am going to apply for my newborn baby birth registration and indian passport at CGI Birmingham.

Can anybody guide me as to how to upload photo of baby (in JPG format and less than 20kb) and signature of parents on birth registration form.

Does CGI Birmingham take cash for fee if i go in person to apply or is postal order a must.

Thanks

adithi10
Mood:

Re: Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by adithi10 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi,

I wanted to know if I can apply for baby registration and passport together or I need to wait for registration n later apply for passport.

thank you

snowflake007

Post by snowflake007 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:50 pm

You can do both at the same time at the birmingham consulate, unless rules have been changed in the last 3 3-4 months.I am not sure of the London Consulate( No experience of them). Hope it helps.

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:35 am

Thank you snowflake. I have to apply at London consulate. Maybe I will just drop them a mail and check :)

chittukuruvi
Newly Registered

Post by chittukuruvi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:41 am

Recently we received passport from HCL london for our new born son. Heres our experience (everything went smoothly)
Heres our experience - getting birth registration and passport for our son

Jan 7th 2014
Applied for birth registration- 1 copy of each

1. Application form which is filled online
2. long/full - birth certificate from city council (UK)
3. 3 photo (35*35cm)-pale blue background
4. Marriage certificate and passport of parents - self attested by both parents (make sure that spouse name is included either one of the passport)
5. 34 pound

We have to show the originals of the above in the counter. Within two weeks we received birth certificate from HCl london by person.

Applied for passport (7 Feb 2014)- 1 copy of each

1) both parents passport and visa page - self attested
2) Birth certificate issued by HCI and birth certificate from UK (full).
3) 4 photos (35*45cm with white background)
4) £36
5) self addressed first class envelop
6)application form - child thumb impression at 5 places

It took exactly five weeks and received passport on 15th March by postal.

ayan05

Post by ayan05 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

I'm not really sure about an Indian Passport in the UK but I got an American passport for my little girl in China. It was pretty simple. I just took her birth certificate, down loaded the proper forms from the US Embassy website and took her passport pictures down to the Embassy (Oh and she had to be present when we submitted the forms). It's a lot simpler to get a baby a passport from the same country as the mother then the dad because there can be NO Dispute when it comes to 'who's the mother'.

maccdad
Newly Registered

Post by maccdad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:49 pm

snowflake007 wrote:You can do both at the same time at the birmingham consulate, unless rules have been changed in the last 3 3-4 months.I am not sure of the London Consulate( No experience of them). Hope it helps.
Did you mean it is also possible by post?

herilharia
Newly Registered

Post by herilharia » Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 am

Hello every1,
I applied for my daughters birth registration and passport by post together. It got rejected and they said you need to register her birth 1st. It is not mentioned anywhere on the website. However I realised it after reading the posts here.
I am going to apply again by post for her birth registration. I have the following documents ready:
1) The online application form
2) Full birth certificate issued by the council
3) Marriage certificate
4) passports of both parents.
5) crossed postal order of 34GBP
I have the following queries:
1) Are any more documents required
2) Is there any declaration form required and if yes can you please post the link for the same.
3) Do i need to send any photographs?
4) What address should the post be directed to?

Thanks in advance

herilharia
Newly Registered

Post by herilharia » Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 am

Hello,
Can anybody please advice, can we apply for birth registration by post? or it has to be in Person?