ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query:-Indian Passport Renewal in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pk2080
Newly Registered

Query:-Indian Passport Renewal in UK

Post by pk2080 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 am

hi,
My indian passport is expiring in couple of months.I want to apply in UK/London for renewal.
Can somebody please let me know what address proof/documents/identity proofs need to be submitted along with the application.
I am in UK Since last 7 years,so do i need to provide documents for UK address proof or do they ask for Indian Address proofs also.
My guess is as I am not in india probably UK address proofs for last 1 year will do.

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 am

I am on UK ILR at this moment.

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:33 am

Hi,
Can somebody please guide on this..

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 am

pk2080 wrote:Hi,
Can somebody please guide on this..
Just how difficult it can be to read through the information available on HCI website!

http://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:56 pm

the website info is confusing ..hence asking..
Do we need to give UK Address proofs or need to give for India address also

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:54 am

pk2080 wrote:the website info is confusing ..hence asking..
Do we need to give UK Address proofs or need to give for India address also
pk2080 your point is fair, in regards to info.

However whenever I had to renew my family Indian passport we never changed the address in it, which was Indian address. For renewal if you are not changing the (Indian) address, (Indian address) proof is not be required. perhaps your existing passport is your Indian address proof itself.

However for HCI/CGI to verify your UK residence in their jurisdiction regions; they will require address proof for the UK, however this does not mean they will change your Indian address in your passport which is to be renewed.

Hope you got your answer?

Regards.

"Change of address

To change Indian/UK address in the Indian Passport, applicant must apply for issue of a new Passport with copy of documents establishing new address in the form of utility bills, latest monthly bank statements, property papers etc.
Requirements:
•Application form completely filled in and signed.

•4 (four) Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs showing frontal view of full face with white background

•The current Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed with photocopies of detail pages and Visa. In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.

•Documents establishing new address in the form of utility bills, latest monthly bank statements, property papers etc
"