ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

themonsoonhunter

Documents for OCI

Post by themonsoonhunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for OCI via post, could you please confirm if I need anything else than the following list :
1. Application form
2. Postal order
3. Photograph
4. Self attested copy of Naturalization certificate
5. Self attested copy of Surrender certificate
6. Self attested copy of UK Passport front/back and name pages
7. Self attested copy of Revoked Indian Passport

My confusion is that do I need to send any originals ?

Thanks in advance.

ukcitizen13

Documents for OCI

Post by ukcitizen13 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 am

Also in same boat, planning to apply for OCI next week.
Need this information as well

So far I know, Surrender certificate has to be original.

Do we have first/last and name page on British passport - I think its all one photo page only.... plz correct if I am wrong.

Question from my side -
Do we need to submit marriage + minor birth certificate in case of family application ? (2 adult+1 minor)

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:57 am

for minors photo copy of their birth certificate if born here is required with one of parents attestation.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:59 am

ukcitizen13

OCI Application

Post by ukcitizen13 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 am

•Photocopies of all non-blank pages of your cancelled / revoked Indian Passport(s).

-Do we really need all non-blank pages copy(self attested) of cancelled Indian passport ? or its just first and last page.

I took the same for Surrender certificate but they took only first and last page.

Anyone with recent OCI application experience

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:07 am

just follow the instructions from the HCI website. It clearly states the required documents. Revoked indian passport is absolutely not required and surrender certificate is fine.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks a lot for the info.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 am

I will be applying for OCI from London, and a bit confused with some additional documents that are required and mentioned on Indian high commission uk site

I was born in India and acquired the naturalization while being in UK last month. Do i really require need to submit my Indian birth certificate and school leaving certificate?

Could someone help please

These documents are required to connect relationship/clarification (where applicable)

Marriage Certificate.

Change of name/appearance affidavit by Consular Section of High Commission of India, London/Notary Public/Oath Commissioner.

Birth Certificate from Indian Municipality or Panchayat. For applicants born in UK, full version Birth Certificate from Registrar of Births/Local Borough. For any other foreign-born applicant Birth Certificate must be in full version and it has to be translated in Hindi/English by a reputed and registered translation authority.

Recently issued birth Certificate from Municipality/Panchayat etc., invariably certified by the District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

School Leaving Certificate, at least Secondary School onwards from required Board. Post dated School Certificate/School Leaving Certificate from India should be authenticated by Director of Education/District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

If the applicant is making application on the basis of documents of parents or grandparents, documentary relationship proof must be provided. In case of documents of parents/grandparents being used, only Indian Passport copies or Indian Birth Certificate copies are acceptable.

Domicile Certificate of the applicant or of his/her parents/grandparents issued from concerned Competent Authority in India i.e. District Magistrate/Collectors/Sub Divisional Magistrate of the District/Sub Divisions, may also be accepted as a proof of Indian Origin.
Nativity Certificate issued by an Officer should be certified by the District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 am

I will be applying for OCI from London, and a bit confused with some additional documents that are required and mentioned on Indian high commission uk site http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html

I was born in India and acquired the naturalization while being in UK last month. Do i really require need to submit my Indian birth certificate and school leaving certificate?

Could someone please help to confirm ?

OCI sectipon says

These documents are required to connect relationship/clarification (where applicable)

* Marriage Certificate.

* Change of name/appearance affidavit by Consular Section of High Commission of India, London/Notary Public/Oath Commissioner.

* Birth Certificate from Indian Municipality or Panchayat. For applicants born in UK, full version Birth Certificate from Registrar of Births/Local Borough. For any other foreign-born applicant Birth Certificate must be in full version and it has to be translated in Hindi/English by a reputed and registered translation authority.

* Recently issued birth Certificate from Municipality/Panchayat etc., invariably certified by the District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

* School Leaving Certificate, at least Secondary School onwards from required Board. Post dated School Certificate/School Leaving Certificate from India should be authenticated by Director of Education/District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

* If the applicant is making application on the basis of documents of parents or grandparents, documentary relationship proof must be provided. In case of documents of parents/grandparents being used, only Indian Passport copies or Indian Birth Certificate copies are acceptable.

* Domicile Certificate of the applicant or of his/her parents/grandparents issued from concerned Competent Authority in India i.e. District Magistrate/Collectors/Sub Divisional Magistrate of the District/Sub Divisions, may also be accepted as a proof of Indian Origin.
Nativity Certificate issued by an Officer should be certified by the District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.
Last edited by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Really appreciate if someone could help with my query

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm

I have submitted my application along with my son two days ago for OCI

1. Application form, 51mmx51mm photo ( if size is not correct then they will not take your application)
2. Cash fee
3. Surrender certificate (self signed)
4. copy of both's UK passport (self signed)
5. My naturalisation certificate copy (self signed)
6. My son's full birth certificate (self signed by me)

Keep all original docs for verification, they will ask

Thats it

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your response nehalbhagat

Was getting a bit confused with birth certificate and school leaving certificate that might be applicable for me to produce

Not sure why OCI section has got it listed in Other documents section and who might require to produce the birth certificate and who needs to produce a school leaving certificate as part of OCI application