ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indian tourist visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

indian tourist visa

Post by stephenjose2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 pm

How long does it take to get the tourist visa for 6 months to india.

i plan to apply in person.

Has anyone applied from cardiff VFS, i heard if submitting in cardiff VFS office it does take slightly longer to get the visa, is this right.

please advice

Many thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:31 pm

have you enquired with Cardiff VFS? They would be able to provide you fairly good estimate.

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

Post by stephenjose2013 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 pm

thanks and i'll enquire cardiff VFS.

push

Post by push » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:56 am

stephenjose2013 wrote:thanks and i'll enquire cardiff VFS.
I applied last year at london VFS and go it in 3 working days.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Push,

Did you have to submit a return ticket for evidence that you intend to come back? I am going to be applying for a visit for my family next year, but intend to convert it to oci later and stay on.

Would you suggest booking a return ticket just for this,and then cancel it and bear the losses?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Any suggestions Push, and other senior members?

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:28 pm

I Applied in person london on tuesday and got the visa on thursday.

you don't need to submit any travel bookings.

1.application form and VFS declaration form with correct photos.
2.photo copy of first page of british passport
3.copy of surrender certificate and copy of revoked passport

1 AND 2 are essential and 3 will let you to apply for ENTRY VISA instead of tourist visa which cost you 67 quid instead 94 of tourist visa.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks rivercam,

Appreciate your inputs.

So you applied for entry visa rather than tourist visa? And with no travel bookings? What are the terms of the entry visa, is this something which is recommended in my case (going back for good to India?)?

Also any idea of timelines of applying for OCI from India, and where you would do that normally?

Regards

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Yes, I applied for entry visa with no travel booked proofs. I already listed in my previous post what you needed for this. I assume you recently surrendered your indian citizenship. One of the qualifying criterion for Entry visa is indian origin.please see the VFS website under Entry visa section.

so if you can qualify why waste money for tourist visa becaise both are 6 month multiple entry visas.

I applied for my OCI in london and got approved but could not get it before my travel hence for visa.

I dont see any problem to apply for OCI from india, if you wish to stay in india apply to nearest FRRO office to your place. you can find details oci website.

I am posting from my mobile,otherwise i could have posted the web links.
feel free to ask if you need any more info
thanks

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks Rivercam for all your inputs, I am going to be appling for citizenshp later this month, just getting all the groundwork ready for things after that.

My mom is not well, so i am trying to land in India asap.

Regards

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mom health. I don't know about your plans but you can use your Indian passport up to 3 months after you attain your British citizenship. That 3 months start from the day you attend your ceremony.

If you are in urgency, as soon as you get your citizenship certificate apply for your british passport which can be issued in 2 weeks then travel to india on your indian passport and if you wish to stay in india for long time, surrender your indian passport and then apply for OCI.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks Rivercam,

I was planning to do the same earlier, but someone on the forum suggested it is going to be a hassle with FRRO to enter India on Indian passport, and then get a british passport, surrender Indian passport and get OCI.

They recommended, taking a tourist visa to india, and then getting an OCI, which is why I am looking at this route.

Regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote: I was planning to do the same earlier, but someone on the forum suggested it is going to be a hassle with FRRO to enter India on Indian passport, and then get a british passport, surrender Indian passport and get OCI.

They recommended, taking a tourist visa to india, and then getting an OCI, which is why I am looking at this route.
I agree. if your travel is not extremely urgent, surrender indian passport here, get a visa and then travel to india. this will delay your travel plan by 5-7 days but OCI application in india will be much starightforward.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks for your input ban.s.

So this is what I am planning to do, apply for an entry visa for the whole family without any travel proof, and will then apply for OCI for everyone as soon as we land in India.

People who have done this in India, please kinldy share your experiences of getting your OCI card in India.

Regards