ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI process after naturalisation

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

venturer211
Newly Registered

OCI process after naturalisation

Post by venturer211 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 am

Can somebody give me some guidance as to what is the process for applying for OCI?I have just received my naturalisation certificate.

I would like to know if I can apply before getting the UK passport in hand?I have heard it takes around 3 months for OCI.

Any links to useful posts would be helpful.

push

Re: OCI process after naturalisation

Post by push » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:51 pm

venturer211 wrote:Can somebody give me some guidance as to what is the process for applying for OCI?I have just received my naturalisation certificate.

I would like to know if I can apply before getting the UK passport in hand?I have heard it takes around 3 months for OCI.

Any links to useful posts would be helpful.
You need to apply for British passport first, then surrender your Indian passport and then finally apply for OCI. Check HCI London's websitefor more details.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

venturer211
Newly Registered

Post by venturer211 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks push.

Is it true that I would be able to travel on my Indian passport to India for another 90 days(from the day of naturalisation) ?

push

Post by push » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:13 pm

venturer211 wrote:Thanks push.

Is it true that I would be able to travel on my Indian passport to India for another 90 days(from the day of naturalisation) ?
it is illegal under the Citizenship/Passport Act, but a grace period of 3 months is permitted during which they do not charge any fine for travelling on the Indian passport.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer