ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for surrendering Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

u_n
Newly Registered

Documents required for surrendering Indian Passport

Post by u_n » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello,

I am due to surrender my child's Indian Passport and yet to apply for her British Passport. We had travelled to India during the grace period, as soon as we received the Naturalisation Certificate. We are back in the UK now. The grace period is due to finish by the end of September.

In the list of "required documents" to surrender Indian Passport, they need British Passport as well. In this situation, kindly advice, if the Surrender Certificate would be issued if I provided only her Naturalisation Certificate.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

the matrix
Newly Registered

Post by the matrix » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:13 pm

No

Refer VFS website.

The Surrender certificate details the British passport number and Indian Passport details and is one of the requirements for issuance of Surrender certificate 8)

push

Post by push » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:09 pm

The surrender Certificate also shows number and date of issuance of the British Passport. I would therefore conclude that one must provide copy of the British Passport in order to obtain surrender certificate. I may be wrong though.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer