ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same File Reference Number for many applicants - OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Same File Reference Number for many applicants - OCI

Post by nswapnil » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 pm

I am getting very strange problem here while filling up OCI form online. I did it thrice and it’s the same issue. Basically when I complete Part A of the form and hit submit button it gives me File Reference Number which I think should be unique to me but it displays my name as well as few other names with the same File Reference Number which is strange, see below. Has anyone faced the same issue? Do you think it could be browser problem?

Thank You, for your interest in Online OCI-Registration Process.

Your File Reference Number is GBRLI1014518

Till now you have successfully registered Part-A for the following applicant(s).

You may register for more family members, before starting Part-B Registration.

Applicant Name File Reference Number

ARUN PATEL GBRLI1014518
HALIMA SIPONYA GBRLI1014518
SNIKITHA PULAVARTHI GBRLI1014518
SANDEEP GUPTA GBRLI1014518
SWAPNIL SUDHAKAR NALAWDE GBRLI1014518

I tried to continue with it but then under Part B It asking to fill up details for all the other applicants which should not be the case, I also did exit at part A and tried to log in back to fill up part B but then it gives error.

push

Re: Same File Reference Number for many applicants - OCI

Post by push » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:24 am

nswapnil wrote:I am getting very strange problem here while filling up OCI form online. I did it thrice and it’s the same issue. Basically when I complete Part A of the form and hit submit button it gives me File Reference Number which I think should be unique to me but it displays my name as well as few other names with the same File Reference Number which is strange, see below. Has anyone faced the same issue? Do you think it could be browser problem?

Thank You, for your interest in Online OCI-Registration Process.

Your File Reference Number is GBRLI1014518

Till now you have successfully registered Part-A for the following applicant(s).

You may register for more family members, before starting Part-B Registration.

Applicant Name File Reference Number

ARUN PATEL GBRLI1014518
HALIMA SIPONYA GBRLI1014518
SNIKITHA PULAVARTHI GBRLI1014518
SANDEEP GUPTA GBRLI1014518
SWAPNIL SUDHAKAR NALAWDE GBRLI1014518

I tried to continue with it but then under Part B It asking to fill up details for all the other applicants which should not be the case, I also did exit at part A and tried to log in back to fill up part B but then it gives error.
try re-registering afresh.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi Push,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did it many times, even from different browsers but the same story. I now sent email to Dr B. N. Shetty (shettybn@nic.in). Lets see if I get any reply. I will try again today from a different laptop.

push

Post by push » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

nswapnil wrote:Hi Push,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did it many times, even from different browsers but the same story. I now sent email to Dr B. N. Shetty (shettybn@nic.in). Lets see if I get any reply. I will try again today from a different laptop.
this is very strange. It seems that the database file has got corrupted or the webpage is fetching incorrect data. You have no option but to wait for a response from HCI.
regards,
push

vigil
Newly Registered

I GOT EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM

Post by vigil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm

hi i am in the exctly same situation as nswapnil ..when i finsish part a of the application i am getting same file reference number as others..i ahve tried it several times fomr yesterday but its the same ....i have emailed to shetttybn@nic.in earlier today..i hope it gets solved ASAP...i am trying it later tonight as well and see how it goes..i will kepp you updated about the issue if i got any solution ...

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi,

I got a reply from Dr Shetty that the problem has been resolved and try a fresh registration. But now I am not able to open the passport.gov.in website for fresh registration (https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp).

Yesterday when I tried this from office it opened it without any error but its not opening from my home laptop, I tried IE, firefox and Chrome but same error - This page cant be displayed or The server at passport.gov.in is taking too long to respond.. Not sure if any browser settings not allowing to open this page?

This page opens fine (http://mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/OCI.html) but when I click for Online Registration it gives error.

I am not going to office for next 2 days as I have my weekly offs :(

push

Post by push » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

nswapnil wrote:Hi,

I got a reply from Dr Shetty that the problem has been resolved and try a fresh registration. But now I am not able to open the passport.gov.in website for fresh registration (https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp).

Yesterday when I tried this from office it opened it without any error but its not opening from my home laptop, I tried IE, firefox and Chrome but same error - This page cant be displayed or The server at passport.gov.in is taking too long to respond.. Not sure if any browser settings not allowing to open this page?

This page opens fine (http://mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/OCI.html) but when I click for Online Registration it gives error.

I am not going to office for next 2 days as I have my weekly offs :(
seems to be working fine!
regards,
push

vigil
Newly Registered

Post by vigil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 pm

i have sorted mine out ...i have completed my application now without any issue ...got an email today saying they were having some technical issue its been fixed now ...there is nothing wrong with the website nswapnil ... dont know why it is not working for you...

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi Vigil, Push

Thank you for the reply. Yes nothing wrong with the website, I think its my service provider who is not able to resolve it. I have raised a service request with them.

I went to my friends house and did online registration, it went ok but it has generated registration number as GBRLN and not GBRLI whereas High Commission web site says it should be GBRLI. I tried twice but its the same, otherwise the form is perfectly alright.

Is it ok to submit with GBRLN number? What's the difference?

Thanks

push

Post by push » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:41 pm

nswapnil wrote:Hi Vigil, Push

Thank you for the reply. Yes nothing wrong with the website, I think its my service provider who is not able to resolve it. I have raised a service request with them.

I went to my friends house and did online registration, it went ok but it has generated registration number as GBRLN and not GBRLI whereas High Commission web site says it should be GBRLI. I tried twice but its the same, otherwise the form is perfectly alright.

Is it ok to submit with GBRLN number? What's the difference?

Thanks
GBRLNI Number is perfectly fine.
regards,
push

mgk_pune
Newly Registered

real pain

Post by mgk_pune » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Swapnil

I have no words to express my anger and frustration!

I am also getting GBRLN number and not GBRLI !! I don't know why

I am doing it all properly.. tried 2 times..

Did you submit the application with GBRLN number ?

Did they accept it ?

Please update ?

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 am

Push@ The number do not have 'I' in it, the Reg number its generating as GBRLN0012345. Is it ok submit with it? I will be making the postal application to London.

mgk_pune@ I did not submit it yet, I emailed to Dr Shetty but did not get any reply yet. I know its painful...

mgk_pune
Newly Registered

Post by mgk_pune » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 am

I submitted my application at HCI London in person today and they accepted it!

I dont know if GBRLN number is goign to create any issue while application is being processed.

When are they going to learn from other embassaies!! Why it's so painful !!! Instructions are not clear!

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi mgk_pune,

That's good news, even I got a reply from Dr Shetty that the GBRLI numbers have already exhausted this year and GBRLN is the correct number so I will be applying it tomorrow.