ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Exit VISA permit to UK born both passports holder?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Srieuk

India Exit VISA permit to UK born both passports holder?

Post by Srieuk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm

2 years old born in UK and having British Passport and travelled to India on India Passport, got UK return tickets to return after 5months, in this situation can somebody please advise best possibilities to return UK?

1. Return to UK on UK passport without submitting indian passport and pay penalty?
>>Is this okay if ready to pay penalty?

2. Submit Indian passport and get Exit VISA?
>> in this option can we apply exit visa at local FRRO if so what is procedure and documents required?

Any experience or suggestion highly appreciate.

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: India Exit VISA permit to UK born both passports holder?

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 am

Srieuk wrote:2 years old born in UK and having British Passport and travelled to India on India Passport, got UK return tickets to return after 5months, in this situation can somebody please advise best possibilities to return UK?

1. Return to UK on UK passport without submitting indian passport and pay penalty?
>>Is this okay if ready to pay penalty?

2. Submit Indian passport and get Exit VISA?
>> in this option can we apply exit visa at local FRRO if so what is procedure and documents required?

Any experience or suggestion highly appreciate.

Thanks
Is there any UK status shown on chiild's Indian passport? Valid Visa or ILR? If the child's Indian passport does not have any UK status shown on the passport, then you have landed yourselves in a lot of hassle, I can assure you that.

Srieuk

Post by Srieuk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

Expired ILR status on India passport as he has valid British passport can he return on British passport to UK, then we can surrender his Indian passport, is this okay?

thanks,

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi srieuk

What did you eventually decided to do, I'm in a similar coup
I'm just trying to help !

Gols
Newly Registered

Post by Gols » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 am

db83 wrote:Hi srieuk

You don't need to do any thing in this case... My son was 2.5 yr old (having both uk and indian PP) when came to UK. When he was leaving uk we used his Indian PP( in 2011) . when we were coming back to uk we used his Indian PP in Delhi immigration ( as minor can hold both PP ) , the immigration officer told us that we can use his Indian PP. in london immigration we used British PP.

aragon

Re:

Post by aragon » Wed May 21, 2014 7:33 am

Gols wrote:
db83 wrote:Hi srieuk

You don't need to do any thing in this case... My son was 2.5 yr old (having both uk and indian PP) when came to UK. When he was leaving uk we used his Indian PP( in 2011) . when we were coming back to uk we used his Indian PP in Delhi immigration ( as minor can hold both PP ) , the immigration officer told us that we can use his Indian PP. in london immigration we used British PP.
I know this is an old post. But would like to take a chance and see if any of the posters on this thread can reply back.

Gols,

Did your son had a valid UK visa when you return back. I know he had British Passport. But did he also have a visa?

Also to OP. Did you got exit permit from FRRO. And if you did could you tell us how you did it?