ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying OCI tomorrow - one last and final query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

forbc123

Applying OCI tomorrow - one last and final query

Post by forbc123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:43 am

for taking Thumb Impression of my child - can I use Blue Stamp Pad, I used the same for to apply for her Indian passport last year?

Any responses would be extremely helpful

VR

It should be fine

Post by VR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Forbc123,

Also keep the following guidance in mind..

Signatures in the form should be within the boxes and in ink. Photocopies of signatures cannot be accepted. (Note they dont give anything specific)

Thumb impression for children and illiterate persons should be within the boxes. In case of male, left thumb impression and in case of female, right thumb impression should be imprinted.

Parents should not put thumb impressions or signatures on behalf of their children. Children should sign by themselves or put their thumb impressions wherever required. Only on the last page, where the applicant is to sign, the child may use thumb impression or sign first, and the parent may sign thereafter, just under the signature/thumb impression of the child. The parent should spell out their name clearly below their signatures and relation with the child (father/mother).

cheers
vr

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks VR, last page which is PART B has below

34. I/We ............................. do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated on this
application are true ,and I/We make ths solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.
Date ........................
Place ........................ Signature ........................ Signature

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
because above 34. is common to both me and my kid - is my signature only is enough? as my spouse is not applying
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Application for Minor(s)
I am a parent/guardian of .......................................................... to whom the foregoing particulars
relate. I hereby apply on behalf of my/the child (children) for his/her/their registration as an
Overseas Citizen(s) of India.
Date ............................................ Signature of Father/Guardian ............................................
Signature of Mother/Guardian ............................................
** To be filled only for minor applicant(s)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
above is place where me and my wife need to sign - am I correct?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VR

Signatures

Post by VR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Forbc123,

Affix thumb impression of minor and then sign next to it on the right.

Then thumb impression of minor on Application for minor and sign in the respective (you and your spouse).
cheers
vr

VR

Kindly post your experience

Post by VR » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:14 am

Forbc123,

Please post the finer details like how to get there, nearest tube station.
Then once you get there where you need to queue up for submitting your OCI application. I am told there is quite a bit of confusion on this one.

Any other things one needs to take care of to avoid delays and having to go there once again.

Thanks and Best Regards,
vr

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:37 am

Hi VR - I wasn't able to go there today

VFS - asked me to collect yesterday but when I tracked status it is still with HCI (I'm surprised), when called that 95p pm number I was asked to wait till I get SMS to collect form VFS

So just literally wasted today and waiting for SMS / Status Change

My friend who applied in London Goswell, got in 3 days. Looks like Hayes there are some delays

When I go there will let you know for sure

VR

I got a SMS too

Post by VR » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Forbc123,

Waiting for the DX to deliver it since day before. :lol: Tossers!!!!!

Thanks I will wait to hear from you.
cheers
vr

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

collected my surrender certificate in Hayes!
Will apply OCI some time next week just want to take a break from all these passports, corrections, visas, certificates for atleast few days...

VR

Yes! Strangely all of them have a draining effect

Post by VR » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Forbc123,

I dont blame you. I detest having to go through the redtape. What irks me more is even a country like Pakistan allows dual citizenship.

Our political Junta just see Indians abroad as milking cows, milk them in whatever form and whereever you can, in whatever method possible.

I wont be surprised if the rules change soon to come up with some other novelty. The only saving grace was the IT revolution opened the doors for many , whereas in the past only the children of politicians and rich Business folks could enjoy education and jobs abroad.
cheers
vr

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 pm

VR wrote: What irks me more is even a country like Pakistan allows dual citizenship.
vr
We have our half boiled egg given to us by our able legislators, known as Overseas Citizen of India. An Overseas Citizen of India is actually not a citizen of India, but in way he is a Citizen of India, but he isn't.

In recent past British Government did not regard it as a Citizenship of another state, but they have now changed their mind and currently regard it as a Citizenship of another state. Who knows, they might change their mind again.

Accodrding to Indian government it is not a citizenship, but in a way they say that it is kind of a citizenship, but it isn't, but it is, but it isn't.

Actually no one knows if it is or it isn't.

:cry:

VR

Even if its a Citizenship

Post by VR » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Ayyubi72,

Even if it is a Citizenship, it wont be worth the price of an egg. God forbid if you are jailed in a foreign country or meet with an accident, you are damned.You will not get any kind of consular support as is currently happening with an Indian Sailor in Africa whose kid is dead and the body still lies in a morgue waiting for him to return.

Indian lives are cheap as chips.
cheers
vr :D

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Forget what happens in a foreign country, we regulary hear about cases that after accidents in India, local villagers are very keen to empty pockets of injured people.