ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI granted but can't collect till February 2014..?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tom_hungston

OCI granted but can't collect till February 2014..?

Post by tom_hungston » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for OCI for me and my child and on the website the status shows processed and confirmation letter has OCI number printed on it for both me and my child. It was granted in first week of December 2013.

My question is that would it be ok to go to HCI in London to collect HCI stamp and documents in February 2014....? becuase my child is due to come back to UK in February 2014 and I don't want to go twice to collect my documents and then for my child (if they allow it because it was a joint application).

I would really appreciate your expert advise in this matter. Your help and time in this matter is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance guys :)

VR

Should make no difference

Post by VR » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Collect both at the same time.
best Rgds
vr

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi VR,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am wondering if you're aware that there are any time limits in which I have to go to HCI to collect my OCI documents...?

Many thanks in advance

VR

nope

Post by VR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

They have not published anything.
cheers
vr

mirzanaseer79

OCI

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Other possibility is you can send the Original British Passport with the print out of confirmation to High commision of India using a Special delivery and self-address Special Delivery Envolpe for returing your British Passport with U sticker attached and the OCI Card.

It saves your time and money. This process only takes 4 working days approximately. The same can be done for your child in Feb 2014.

I have got mine and my child OCI stamped and delivered in 4 working days and only spent little on Post and saved hassle of travelling to HCIL.

I hope this helps?