ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO for uk born child - HCI London Experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RockON

PIO for uk born child - HCI London Experience

Post by RockON » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hi All, First of all thanks a lot to everybody and this forum who helped me through the application process. got my baby’s PIO Card from HCI London (Parents Indian Passport – ILR, Baby – British citizen by Birth). It was a very quick and smooth process.

•Arrived at HCI at 7.20 AM
•Found 2 queues, and I queued up in the second one (marked as Passport, consular services) – Left one – Close to HCI Wall. There were already about 20 people on the left queue (covering all passport, consular and PIO services), and about 20 people in the OCI marked queue. At 08:30 - the queue was too long.
•After a long wait of 1.5 hours we were let in at 9.00 am and they have started calling the token numbers to submit OCI applications. At 09:30 they have called first PIO token. My application was processed by 10.10 AM.
•Counter 6 – PIO Counter Experience- A very nice and polite lady called Jyoti, (already mentioned on this forum) processed my application in less than 5 mins [Note – I submitted the application form, Photos and photocopies (not self attested) of the documents as one set and she requested original documents one by one for verification].
•I opted for collection in person, and the date given exactly 2 weeks after the application date (Collection time - 16:00-17:00)

Documents Submitted:
•Application Form – (Word Format Print) - Baby thumb impression on the application (this will appear on PIO Card), both parents signed the declaration – No Photocopy required
•4 passport size photos of baby (1 pasted on application, 3 in a separate envelope) – (I used Paspic Website for Baby’s photos)
•British Passport of Baby - photo page only photocopy - (original requested for verification and returned to me)
•Full Version Birth Certificate of baby Photocopy – (original - checked and returned to me)
•My Indian Passport (Father) - only front and back pages Photocopies - (original - checked and returned to me)
•Fee of £112 (paid exact cash amount)

Additional Supporting Documents – I attached the photocopies with the application form but been told unnecessary and returned to me
•Wife's Current and cancelled Indian passports
•ILR - BRP cards of both parents
•Marriage Certificate

Collection of PIO Card– •Arrived at HCI at 4.00 PM (2 weeks after the application date)
•No queue outside the PIO Counter. The officer checked the collection receipt (did not even ask baby’s British passport for identity verification), collected the PIO card and I was out of HCI by 4.05 pm (This may be due to recent changes to OCI collection procedure)

Once again thank you everyone and hope my personal experience could be of any help to someone. It looks like this is going to be never ending journey, as Indian government is planning to scrap OCI and PIO cards and planning to replace with new overseas Indian card (OIC).

maniyo
Newly Registered

Re: PIO for uk born child - HCI London Experience

Post by maniyo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience.....i like to know that whether baby is required to be present at HCI or not?

Many thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm

The customer service counter staff named jyoti is the best and i have had to apply for my children PIO and received excellent service from her. Thanks.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 am

Anyone recently applied for pio card can point me to the latest timelines please?
Challenges make life worth it!

RockON

Post by RockON » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

maniyo wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience.....i like to know that whether baby is required to be present at HCI or not?

Many thanks
Neither baby nor the other parent is required to be present for in person application (Provided both parents have signed the declaration on the application form). Hope this helps. All the best.

maniyo
Newly Registered

Post by maniyo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm

thanks bro....much needed help....

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. Will help.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 pm

HI RockON,

Can you confirm if the photo specification for PIO applications have changed at all. The website still says 35mm by 45mm. Is it still the same, or had it changed to 51 by 51 as for OCI and visit visas?

Also for my daughter, the photographer took it on a while background rather than a light grey one which the photo booths do it on. Would it be alright?

Some more queries, the form has to be filled in duplicate, so do we put one photo on each form, and give 2 as spares, or 1 photo on one form and 3 and spares?

Thanks in advance pal.

Regards

RockON

Post by RockON » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 am

Hi,
The website still says standard passport size photo. I submitted passport sized photos with light grey colour background.
I’m not sure about the background colour requirements, but my personal opinion is white background will be alright (The lady at the counter is really helpful)
I submitted only one copy of word format print, with 4 passport size photos of baby (1 pasted on application, 3 in a separate envelope)
Hope this helps. All the best.

InUkOnHsmp wrote:HI RockON,

Can you confirm if the photo specification for PIO applications have changed at all. The website still says 35mm by 45mm. Is it still the same, or had it changed to 51 by 51 as for OCI and visit visas?

Also for my daughter, the photographer took it on a while background rather than a light grey one which the photo booths do it on. Would it be alright?

Some more queries, the form has to be filled in duplicate, so do we put one photo on each form, and give 2 as spares, or 1 photo on one form and 3 and spares?

Thanks in advance pal.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks for the inputs rockon. What did you do about the referees section. Were they related to you? Were they contacted at all?