ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect foreign passport details in surrender certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Incorrect foreign passport details in surrender certificate

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Forum,

I was due to apply for the family's PIO card tomorrow at the HCI. When doing a final check of the form and documents I noticed the HCI have swapped my British passport number with my wife's on the surrender certificate and vice versa.

So basically the British passport details on both our surrender certificates are wrong. Has this happened to anyone else in the forum?

1) How do I get this corrected? What are the documents required etc. Also would we need to send 2 separate self-addressed special delivery envelopes?
2) How much does it cost?
3) How long does it take to get the corrected surrender certificate? Whats the fastest way?
4) Is it really worth getting this corrected? Could the PIO application be rejected just because the British passport number in the surrender certificate is incorrect?

Can people please share their experiences on this? Gurus please advice urgently, I would like to make the PIO appointment tomorrow if its safe.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

InUkOnHsmp

Re: Incorrect foreign passport details in surrender certific

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am

Hi Forum,

Any inputs please?

Also can someone confirm whats the customer care number for the VFS, the number on the website 09057570045 just does not work :(.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!