ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Transfer for Minor - Yes or No?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kopper

OCI Transfer for Minor - Yes or No?

Post by kopper » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:20 am

My 5 yr old daughter received a new UK passport this year but her OCI was taken last summer. We now have to travel to India in july due to circumstances, so do you think the OCI transfer/re-issue for my daughter will be completed in time if i apply now?

Is it better taking the risk and take her current oci card and old passport with us or safer to apply for a tourist visa in the mean time?

Shes 5 years old and the photos on her oci card and new british passport is just 6 months apart and there is no significant difference in her appearance.

Has anyone recently travelled with a minor using their old passport/OCI and new passport without issues?

Thanks

nehalbhagat

Re: OCI Transfer for Minor - Yes or No?

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 am

Hi,

Check guideline published on https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html#ii
Also email shettybn@nic.in for OCI MISCELLANEOUS enquiry.

at last, post any response in forum for others.

regards

kopper

Re: OCI Transfer for Minor - Yes or No?

Post by kopper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Here's the standard response after emailing:

You may travel to India with your old and new passport and OCI booklet and get U visa transferred to new passport on your return. Process takes atleast two months time.

Regards

OCI Unit Delhi