ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queue outside HCI London - any point reaching early?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spring123

Queue outside HCI London - any point reaching early?

Post by spring123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi,

I intend to apply for a PIO next week, once my Indian passport surrender is complete.

I see that for PIO, the High Commission of India in London has some sort of a token system. Other helpful forum members have said that they reached really early (< 8 am) and then waited in the queue for a token, and then that their application was processed relatively quickly after the HCI opened (< 10 30 am).

Is there really much point in reaching early? Do they still have this queuing system all the way outside the HCI offices, i.e. outdoors with no proper shelter? Can I go late (10 am) and then hope that my application will be processed?

I'd appreciate a response.

Thanks

nehalbhagat

Re: Queue outside HCI London - any point reaching early?

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 am

You will likely to see long queues again as OCI and Passport applicants are required to book an appointment prior to visit.
I will advise you to check link below- go half an hour before opening time, you should be OK.

https://www.hcilondon.in/pio.html

spring123

Post by spring123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 am

nehalbhagat wrote:You will likely to see long queues again as OCI and Passport applicants are required to book an appointment prior to visit.
I will advise you to check link below- go half an hour before opening time, you should be OK.

https://www.hcilondon.in/pio.html
Thanks. I'll let the others know how I get along. HCI was closed on Friday and today, so I suspect my Indian passport surrender won't be processed before end of this week any way. I need to travel to India in early October, so hopefully they'll process my PIO promptly.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm

It shouldn't be bad as it use to be, reason being OCI and Passport applicants arrive 10-15 minutes before their appointment time.

However, I would suggest you to be there at least an hour before the opening time, if you want to be first 10 in the queue.

spring123

Post by spring123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks mate, I'll do that.

spring123

Post by spring123 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 am

I got there for around 9 40 and got my token. I work nearby, so I took the opportunity then to go get a coffee and a photocopy of my naturalisation certificate. I returned around 10 30 I think, and then my token got called only around 12 noon. So it looks like it'll be a long wait if you take my lead and go late to get a token. They let you take bags inside although they say this is not allowed. Take a book to read perhaps to while your time - this is what I did - so I really only wasted maybe 5 minutes.