ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in OCI Form A

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mandhan

Mistake in OCI Form A

Post by mandhan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I completed the OCI form A and B this afternoon and then scheduled an appointment for 7th of this month at HCI London.
However, having reached home in the evening, I realized that I made a small spelling mistake in form A.

Doing a quick search on this forum, came to know that I can fill in the forms A and B again. Did just that which generated the new GBRL... application reference numbers.

However, when I went ahead to reschedule the appointment, I obviously could not schedule a second appointment. I then tried to cancel the first appointment but could not as the page returned an error 'last allowed date to cancel is already gone'. Same with trying to reschedule.

[b]so the question:[/b]
Is it alright to turn up at the consulate with the print out of my appointment with old(and now invalid) GBRL..reference on it. As I mentioned above, I have a new GBRL.. number after refilling and correcting the mistake in form A.

Will greatly appreciate your advise.

Regards,
mandhan

nehalbhagat

Re: Mistake in OCI Form A

Post by nehalbhagat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

>>Is it alright to turn up at the consulate with the print out of my appointment with old(and now invalid) GBRL..reference on it. As I mentioned above, I have a new GBRL.. number after refilling and correcting the mistake in form A.

YES, It will be OK, Please carry both forms and appointment letters together in-case they stop you at the entrance.
Explain to them nicely, they will let you in.

All the best

regards