ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor PIO Validity - Post Sept 2014

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aragon

Minor PIO Validity - Post Sept 2014

Post by aragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the Validity for Minor's PIO Card. Is it for lifetime. Or do they need to change to Adult PIO after they turn 18.

I know they have to change the passport number every time the passport expires. But do they need to change the PIO card type from Minor to Adult when they turn 18.

aragon

OCI appointment for Children only

Post by aragon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for OCI for my kids. Me and my wife have got ILR.

I am having difficulty booking an appointment as it will not let me book it without atleast 1 adult in the application.

Now the question is, can I submit their OCI application over the counter without appointment?

Thanks for your help.

nehalbhagat

Re: OCI appointment for Children only

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 pm

You must book an appointment prior to submitting application otherwise they won't allow you in.
Please book an appointment and submit application on behalf of your child, You don't need to take child with you.

aragon

Post by aragon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.

In that case can someone help me with booking an appointment for a minor.

While booking oci application they wont allow us to book just for minor as we have to select 1 adult in the application. When we do that, it goes to the next page where we have to fill in our details. However, in the adult section, it also asks for surrender certificate gbrl no. which I don't have. Without this, it wont let me book it. So how does one book an appointment for a minor child. If anyone has got any success in applying a minor's oci application, pls let me know, how did you book the appointment.

Thanks.

aragon

Collecting OCI for 2 kids

Post by aragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 am

Hi,

I have applied for OCI for my 2 kids.. Both applications is processed. However, I have a small question.

I am sending their british passport in a single envelope for the OCI sticker. Togather I am suppose to send the printouts and special delivery envelopes.

However, should I send 2 separate special delivery envelope for them or just 1 for both of them... Has anyone send 1 envelope for 2 or more family members?

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Re: Collecting OCI for 2 kids

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:06 pm

They allow passport of family members in one SD envelope. Many have done it, I had asked same question while submitting OCI application in-person. They said Its fine.

shahsatish2002
Newly Registered

Post by shahsatish2002 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

Hi,

I am having same issue. I need to apply OCI card for my child. We both parents have ILR. While booking an appointment, it says primaray application must be parents. Not sure how to book an appointment for my kid.

Please reply.

Thanks