ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reissue of indian passport from UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Indiangirl83
Newly Registered

Reissue of indian passport from UK

Post by Indiangirl83 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi peeps

I have an indian passport which expires end of this month, I reside in the UK with ILR stamp in my passport.

I need some advice please,

Do I need to get an NQ form from UKBA declaring that I am not a british citizen or is it not needed?

I am a little confused because someone I know who deals with passports is is telling me its not needed, yet on the website for docs needed it says it does!?

I have a valid visa right? The ILR visa? or is this section not for me... ?

Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa)

The current or recently expired Indian passport along with the self-attested photocopies of the Bio Page(photo page), last page with the address & observation page, if any observations have been noted, or any other visa page with any observation details should also be provided.

Residence Permit (card) wherever applicable needs.to be enclosed along with self-attested photocopies

If the applicant holds a ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ Visa or Card, Applicant needs to obtain a NON Acquisition Certificate(NQ) from the British Home Office, confirming that he/she has not acquired British Nationality.

If the applicant is married and his/her spouse name is not entered in the passport, he/she should submit a self-attested photocopy of marriage certificate and self-attested photocopies of Passport of the applicant’s spouse (original Passport & marriage certificate to be shown at the time of submission of application) for adding spouse name in the new passport.

For passports that expired for up to one year, a self-explanatory letter as to why the passport was not renewed in time needs to be submitted.

If I dont need it, I would rather save the time and my £85 fee for NQ form acquisition.

Thanks

ban.s

Re: Reissue of indian passport from UK

Post by ban.s » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't think anyone can say it's not required as the official guidance says otherwise.
If you have insider knowledge or you have confidence on the persons that says it's not required, then you can try your luck without it.

gbhsmp

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:34 am

if you are in the UK and on ILr then "not acquired British citizenship" letter is a must

hemant_lakhani

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed May 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi, I am on ILR and need to apply for passport re-issue as its expiring in few months.
I checked Documents Required at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/NEW_Indian_Passport.html
'Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa)'
and it doesn't list to obtain certificate for non British from UKBA/Home office.

Please advise if the certificate is must ? Passport re-issue fee is about £55 and the certificate (confirming non British) from home office is £85.
The Declaration (in passport application form) asks to confirm that I have not obtained citizenship of another country, so that should be enough.

Please confirm. Thanks in advance.

gbhsmp

Post by gbhsmp » Thu May 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi,

I knew a friend who got his passport lost and was on ILR. He had to get his non-British-national certificate to get his INDIAN passport.
So the certificate of non-aqusition of British nationality is a MUST.