ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing my Indian passport and applying for OCI for baby

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnuradhaKrishnakumar
Newly Registered

Renewing my Indian passport and applying for OCI for baby

Post by AnuradhaKrishnakumar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:18 am

Hi There,

My Indian passport is about to expire in a month hence I am planning to get it renewed by applying in person at London. My 7 month old baby has got British passport and I would like to get her OCI done as well at the same time. Can you please share any advice on how to do this? How to get appointment for these 2 services and how apart do you think the appointment time should be?

Basically we dont live in London and have to travel for about 3 hrs to get there, I need to ensure that I know whats expected as I am travelling with a baby and hence planning it ahead.

Can any of you share your experiences and/or advice me if there is any other option which would be better in my case eg applying by post which can avoid the travelling and waiting and processing time at the high commision with a baby.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind Regards,
Anuradha Krishnakumar.

nehalbhagat

Re: Renewing my Indian passport and applying for OCI for bab

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 am

Hi,

I applied for my son's OCI before VFS took over.

You need to check on their website for both application processes and to find your nearest VFS

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/.
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/how_to_apply.html

You are allowed to apply OCI on behalf of your son,wife or daughter. You don't need to take him with you,not required