ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI! Please advise!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

delhi123
Newly Registered

OCI! Please advise!

Post by delhi123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Hello everyone

My husband had applied for OCI 5 weeks ago. The status says its still under process. However, he needs to travel to Dubai for next 3 months. He would be back in London in July only to collect his OCI. In that case, would HCI hold his OCI for next 3 months? how to go about it in this case?

nehalbhagat

Re: OCI! Please advise!

Post by nehalbhagat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:39 am

They will hold his OCI booklet for that long, Don't worry.

just for safer side, Ask your husband to email HCI London explaining his situation. I am sure you will get positive feedback.

good luck

kantave
Newly Registered

Post by kantave » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Dont worry. Mine approved on Feb 24th and for the travel reasons, I could not send the passport for OCI Sticker. Sent it yesterday along with the print out of the online status. Should Be OK

ricky123
Newly Registered

Post by ricky123 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 am

Hi I am planning on applying for my OCI next week. I have recently received British citizenship. I was Indian citizen before. I have also just received my passport surrender certificate. My question is that while applying for my OCI do I also have to show my Birth Certificate? I have researched the VFS website but I am a bit confused and hence will appreciate if a senior member can just answer in yes or no.