ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Tourist Visa - Overstay Clarification

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anandh79

Indian Tourist Visa - Overstay Clarification

Post by anandh79 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Hello

My kid and wife are having british passport and currently in India on tourist visa. Their indian tourist visa expires on 27th April and they are leaving by 25th April.

My little one has started having fever and hopefully should be recovered before 25th. In case of emergencies or illness, they would end up overstaying in India.

What should we do in those circumstances? If due to illness, the kid will not be in a position to go to any embassy or FRRO. Please let me know at the earliest.

Regards
Krish

gbhsmp

Re: Indian Tourist Visa - Overstay Clarification

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 am

contact the local FRRO office .
http://www.immihelp.com/nri/foreigner-r ... icers.html
They supposedly can extend visas and also be able to register foreigners and provide help.
Be prepared with medical certificates etc., but to avoid all these hasseles it is much more easier (if the illness is not serious) to travel before the visa expiry and come back to visit NHS/medical at UK.