ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Informational Post - OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rachsach

Informational Post - OCI application

Post by rachsach » Mon May 18, 2015 9:54 am

I went to VFS this morning to submit my OCI application (single application). The VFS guy at the counter asked me to provide two pre-paid envelops – one for returning the original documents that they kept and other was required when OCI application is approved.

I challenged the guy that you only need one envelop at this stage to return the original documents. When the status of my OCI application changes to ‘Documents received at HCI London’ then I will pop in to submit my British passport and at the time you will need the second pre-paid envelope. The guy was adamant and said that the process is to bring two pre-paid envelops at the time of submitting the application. I didn’t want to argue with him much and ended up buying an envelope from him which cost £14, yes £14 for an envelope which is not even required at this stage!

The strange part is that the guy returned the same envelope back to me saying I need to bring this when status of my application changed to ‘Documents received at HCI London’. I again tested him seeing that he returned the £14 worth of envelop back to me when I could have brought my own Royalmail envelope then this guy excuse was that when the status of the application changes then I just need to come in with this particular envelop and British passport .

I felt I was cheated and it looks quite clearly a money making strategy.

So, I thought I will post this on the forum so that others carry two pre-paid envelope with submitting OCI application.

nehalbhagat

Re: Informational Post - OCI application

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon May 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi,

I am not sure what is the current process but it is worth to write to HCI London .

I noticed recently that Sushma Swaraj's twitter account is actively monitored hence it is worth to highlight on her twitter account incase it is a genuine case of money making by VFS.

pragneshmpatel

Re: Informational Post - OCI application

Post by pragneshmpatel » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

rachsach wrote:I went to VFS this morning to submit my OCI application (single application). The VFS guy at the counter asked me to provide two pre-paid envelops – one for returning the original documents that they kept and other was required when OCI application is approved.

I challenged the guy that you only need one envelop at this stage to return the original documents. When the status of my OCI application changes to ‘Documents received at HCI London’ then I will pop in to submit my British passport and at the time you will need the second pre-paid envelope. The guy was adamant and said that the process is to bring two pre-paid envelops at the time of submitting the application. I didn’t want to argue with him much and ended up buying an envelope from him which cost £14, yes £14 for an envelope which is not even required at this stage!

The strange part is that the guy returned the same envelope back to me saying I need to bring this when status of my application changed to ‘Documents received at HCI London’. I again tested him seeing that he returned the £14 worth of envelop back to me when I could have brought my own Royalmail envelope then this guy excuse was that when the status of the application changes then I just need to come in with this particular envelop and British passport .

I felt I was cheated and it looks quite clearly a money making strategy.

So, I thought I will post this on the forum so that others carry two pre-paid envelope with submitting OCI application.
You are right. You should complain. I applied recently and only submitted 1 royalmail sd envelope which i taken with me.