ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport Expired - Re-issue of OCI Card

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

garichd

Child Passport Expired - Re-issue of OCI Card

Post by garichd » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 am

Hi All,

I need advice on re-issue of OCI card. I just find out that my sons passport is expired and have applied for the renewel.
Looking at VFS website , its says if person is under 20 years then OCI must be transfered to new passport on each renwel and for that OCI Miscellaneous Services form have to be filled.

However it can take 6-8 weeks for the Miscellaneous Services. Now I will not have 6-8 weeks after receving the renwed british passport.

if some one has been in the same postion then please guide :

1) Does it really take 6-8 weeks for OCI Miscellaneous Services.
2) Can we travel without getting the OCI on new passport but keep old passport and new passport together while travelling?

Thanks

kopper

Re: Child Passport Expired - Re-issue of OCI Card

Post by kopper » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Yes it can take that long for re-issue.
I was in the same situation last year with my 5 year old daughter. I emailed HC and they advised me to take old UK passport, New Passport and OCI card when we travelled to India. There was no issues there and back and no one at the airports in UK or India questioned why the OCI was transferred.

Im sure they know a lot of people do not read the small print of transferring OCI and ignore it. As long as you take the old UK passport you should be fine.