ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised Father surrendering IndianPassport, Minor status

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnanadP
Newly Registered

Naturalised Father surrendering IndianPassport, Minor status

Post by AnanadP » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 am

Hi,

Kindly help with the below queries, any info and help is much appreciated.

My wife and I are UK ILR holders and Indians, our baby was born in India after we both were ILR, and has Indian passport and came to the uk on ILE visa. We are all in the uk now. I am now eligible for naturalisation and have already applied, but my wife is not as yet as she was away for longer not meeting absences requirement. We will apply for my wife and baby once my wife is eligible.

Once I get naturalised, and surrender my Indian passport, will the baby automatically loose Indian passport? Do the minors loose their Indian citizenship if one of their parents get naturalised and surrender Indian passport? The other parent, my wife will still be on Indian passport when I surrender my Indian passport.

I read a clause (item 8 and 9 of constitution related to Indian citizenship act) that Indian passport renounced by an adult leads to child loosing the passport as well. Will that apply to me and my baby?

Many thanks.

gbhsmp

Re: Naturalised Father surrendering IndianPassport, Minor st

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Your child can hold INDIAN passport if one of the parent continues to hold INDIAN passport.