ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for minor

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

caheda
Newly Registered

OCI for minor

Post by caheda » Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi, my wife and I will get ILR in July '16 and will register our one month old daughter, who was born in UK, as British citizen and then apply for her British passport.
I then intend to apply the OCI card for her but I dont know on what basis it has been mentioned in various posts that minor whose parents are indian nationals cant apply for an OCI card!? On the vfs site, I see below under the FAQ section -

》Are Minor (below 18 years of age) children eligible for OCI Card?

○ Minor children whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India are also eligible for OCI Card.

Also, in many other sites, I see below as one of the eligibility criteria for applying an OCI card -

》A person, who is a minor child, and whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India;

Anyone any experience around this? Looks very straight to me but then I have seen people mentioning about receiving their applications back because of this point! Any advise will be much appreciated, thanks

Sandeep

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: OCI for minor

Post by CR001 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:07 pm

I have moved your topic to the more appropriate 'Other Countries' sub forum as OCI is not relevant in the British Citizen sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Re: OCI for minor

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!