ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New OCI for self query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

New OCI for self query

Post by usernew01234 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello,

I have recently submitted my new OCI application for myself in-person at VFS.

VFS didn't keep my British passport instead they kept my original naturalisation & surrender of passport certificate, which i have now received back.

My question if regarding next step, once my OCI application is accepted do I need to send my passport to VFS again or will i just receive my OCI?

Someone told me that if i dont send my British passport again to VFS then i may face issue at Indian immigration so Please can you clarify ?
Thanks in advance for your advise.

Rgskannan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: New OCI for self query

Post by Rgskannan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi,

Could you help explain the process of getting your surrender of indian passport certificate. VFS have no appointments and I hear this service is now on hold.

Regards
Satish

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello,

Please can anyone help answering this query?

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Rgskannan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Hi,

Could you help explain the process of getting your surrender of indian passport certificate. VFS have no appointments and I hear this service is now on hold.

Regards
Satish
I surrendered my Indian passport around two years back so i guess the process is changed & Sorry I dont know what is the new process.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 am

usernew01234 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 pm
Hello,

I have recently submitted my new OCI application for myself in-person at VFS.

VFS didn't keep my British passport instead they kept my original naturalisation & surrender of passport certificate, which i have now received back.

My question if regarding next step, once my OCI application is accepted do I need to send my passport to VFS again or will i just receive my OCI?

Someone told me that if i dont send my British passport again to VFS then i may face issue at Indian immigration so Please can you clarify ?
Thanks in advance for your advise.
After verification of the original passport, they do not need to hold on to the British passport. You won't face issues at Indian immigration as your British passport number is recorded in the OCI card. Should your British passport expire, its best to renew the card to avoid hassles.