ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - APPOINTMENT FOR INDIAN VISA FOR UK CITIZEN

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

submon

URGENT - APPOINTMENT FOR INDIAN VISA FOR UK CITIZEN

Post by submon » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:32 am

My wife is British and she is planning to get a Tourist visa for India. The problem is that at the Bradford VFS centre, there is no appointment available until the second week of March. But she needs it urgently. Is she okay to just walk into the centre early morning? Will they accept the application without an appointment? If they do accept it, with the HCI in London be okay with the application or do they co-relate the application along with the booking? Do they have to match?

HELP PLEASE!

submon

URGENT - TOURIST VISA FOR INDIA FROM UK

Post by submon » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:33 am

To apply for a Tourist visa to India, do we have to apply in person? Can’t we just send all the documents via post?

HELP PLEASE.

ub1994
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT - APPOINTMENT FOR INDIAN VISA FOR UK CITIZEN

Post by ub1994 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:48 am

The VFS centre will not accept any applicants for biometric enrolment without an appointment, unless it specifically says on the VAC info that the centre accepts walk-in appointments, which hardly any do.

Sometimes earlier appointment slots become available if you refresh and keep checking after midnight/at early morning, but this isn’t guaranteed and is left at personal risk if you wish to take it

submon

Post by submon » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:58 am

Thank you very much for letting me know. If we do end up going there with an appointment, the worst thing that they could do is just turn us away, right?

Also, do you know how long it takes to process an India tourist visa application? It says 5 working days on the website, but do they actually work that fast?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:21 pm

Online tourist visa could be same day as well. I applied it at 7 pm UK time and had it by 11:30 the same time in 2019.

You could seek an urgent appointment stating your emergency with the respective indian high commission, they would speak to you, let you know the documents they require and if satisfied issue on the day.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

submon

Post by submon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:06 am

Thank you very much for letting me know. Much appreciated! As far as I know, the evisa system for UK nationals is not there at the moment.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:44 am

submon wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:06 am
Thank you very much for letting me know. Much appreciated! As far as I know, the evisa system for UK nationals is not there at the moment.
I've only ever applied for e-tourist visa (same day) & emergency entry visa during covid (Dec 2020) (3 days from contacting Indian high commission to grant), prior to getting
OCI.

My bad, I misconstrued your question as timeline for evisa application.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

submon

Post by submon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:25 pm

ah I see I see. Glad that it was sorted for you.